Stealth Climbing Rig, Part I

EWolfe

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was too worried about condensation and mold in the insulation. Next time it might be good to throw an extra layer of plastic over the entire set of insulation just to make sure it never gets wet.
He's going to Arizona. It's dry there.

I wasn't worried about moisture getting in from the outside. You ever lived in your vehicle for any period of time? Think about all the condensation you get from sleeping in it or especially if you ski out of it and bring wet gear inside. Thats the moisture you'd put in another barrier for, not the rain. :) The rig looks bad ass and will probably hold up just great, especially with all that quality work gone into it.

I have read posts elsewhere that Catalytic Heaters don't actually "burn", they induce a heat-producing catalytic reaction, and thus, don't produce Carbon Monoxide. They do, however, consume Oxygen, so adequate ventilation is necessary.

I NEVER leave them on when I go to sleep, regardless of ventilation. I like it cold when I sleep, I even keep the heat off in my apartment bedroom.

Thanks Trad, I will get one of those. The Olympian I have doesn't have a ODS, it's the smallest model.

Thanks for the tips and advice, all! :tup: :tup:

Erik

I have read posts elsewhere that Catalytic Heaters don't actually "burn", they induce a heat-producing catalytic reaction, and thus, don't produce Carbon Monoxide. They do, however, consume Oxygen, so adequate ventilation is necessary.

I NEVER leave them on when I go to sleep, regardless of ventilation. I like it cold when I sleep, I even keep the heat off in my apartment bedroom.

Thanks Trad, I will get one of those. The Olympian I have doesn't have a ODS, it's the smallest model.

Thanks for the tips and advice, all! :tup: :tup:

Erik

I suspect that if the oxygen were to get low enough, the heater would go out and you'd smell propane, but I would still insist on good ventilation.

I know of at least one case where a guy got drunk and passed out before turning off the propane heater in his tent. He never woke up.

Be very careful.

Don't

make me wonder why 'cause you'll testify

We ain't goin' out like that

I got to thinkin'

"What the fuck is this?" Lettin' you know I take care

of business Can I get a witness? To verify when

I'm to bring this style That makes you ecstatic

Tragic, when I get a poof of the magic buddha When I

roll with my crew I betcha one time can't find my

hooda! Hits'll be hitting with the belt unbuckled (I

don't know this line) Pig rollin' up but he

ain't that subtle Pulled to da curb So we

exchange a few words But he got me stirred up "Ought

not to grab the handcuffs. I'll huff-n-puff-n-blow ya

head of!"

We ain't goin' out like that

Yeah, part two is coming, but I got another week or so to go.

Carolyn, yes you can rent it, but I come with it.

It's extra for that. :grin: