Favorite climbs and dream climbs!

cheamclimber

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dream climb - west face of mount huntington

favorite climb? too many seperate types of climbing to come up with one that rules over all. Probably the climb that is having the most fun. Here is a feeble attempt.

Ice - Polar circus is way up on the list.

alpine ice - north face mt fay or north ridge of bakerhorn

alpine rock - Slesse.

galcier travel - Easton or the coleman/deming glacier on the mighty bakerhorn.

cragging - any day spent in the city of rocks

aid - spaceshot

bouldering - too old for bouldering. v-0 in the gym. :)

Fav climbs? Yesterday's news. Always thinking about the next climb!

Dream climbs? Oh yeah, there's so many! Beligerence and the South African Route on Paine currently keep me up at night. And that whole range of untouched granite splitters in an idyllic Shangri La untouched by western influence. I keep dreaming about that place. Oh yeah, and the 5.11a bullet holes at Rocky Butte.

A ski descent of Reboubt and Spikard is high on the list.

A circumnav of Torres del Paine

I also dream of another 5.10 grade IV in the North Cascades. Ideally on Skagit Gneiss and relatively solid and in a superb setting. I'm not opposed to granite nunatuks either.

I also dream of a ski descent on Mt Index.....We can dream right?

When I was young and naive I had this dream that one day I would get a phone call from a legend and get to climb with my hero, Fred Beckey. He'd have some sick granite spires from his black book to investigate, we'd send, and it would be like the passing of the Olympic torch, or getting tapped on the shoulders with Arthur's sword and invited to sit at the Round Table. :lmao::grlaf::smirk:

So all I have to say is be careful what you wish for cause you might get it. WHAT? HOWS DA WEDDER? KNOW ANY HOT GIRLS UP THERE?

I've always been captivated by The Infinite Spur. I loved the tale from the first ascent and remember when Steve House and partner did it in a day. Pictures of the route including that famous one in the guidebook High Alaska, and recent ones by Joe Puryear only increased my intrigue.

I'll probably never climb it, but it is sure nice to dream.

Right now my dream climbs are finding some routes in the Ruwenzori's in Uganda, checking out Poi in northern Kenya (600m+ wall climbing), and getting down to Malawi to climb the 1700m standard on Mt. Mulange.

A long time standard dream climb is to go and climb Cassin on Denali.

I've always been captivated by The Infinite Spur. I loved the tale from the first ascent and remember when Steve House and partner did it in a day. Pictures of the route including that famous one in the guidebook High Alaska, and recent ones by Joe Puryear only increased my intrigue.

I'll probably never climb it, but it is sure nice to dream.

:tup:

Now you're going to make me dig out that two-page Michael Kennedy pic that I tore out of some magazine......

When I was young and naive I had this dream that one day I would get a phone call from a legend and get to climb with my hero, Fred Beckey. He'd have some sick granite spires from his black book to investigate, we'd send, and it would be like the passing of the Olympic torch, or getting tapped on the shoulders with Arthur's sword and invited to sit at the Round Table. :lmao::grlaf::smirk:

So all I have to say is be careful what you wish for cause you might get it. WHAT? HOWS DA WEDDER? KNOW ANY HOT GIRLS UP THERE?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: