• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
kThurner

For North Cascades Enthusiasts

Those shots are just brilliant Kevin, thanks for sharing. You clearly spend a lot of time chasing the right light.

Another thumbs up for some great work. I may contact you about some prints.

That picture of Ginger sitting next to your pack brought tears to my eyes. She reminds me of my golden that I lost last year at the ripe old age of 13.

AWESOME!!! If anyone wasn't a NCascade enthusiast, this should sway their opinion!!

Thanks stoking up my monotonous Friday afternoon. :tup::tup:

Very nice work. If your not a pro you should be. Many of your shots would be poster material. Thanks for the link

One photographer to another, these are quite beautiful.I assume you're shooting digital? I shoot an old olympus OmG and print everything by hand in black and white (I'm old school), so I have to say that I really appreciate that in your black and white images the blacks are actually black, and the highlights aren't blown out. I'll probably PM you about a print, too. Beautifully composed, beautifully lit shots - beautiful subject matter :)

Interesting how this thread revived after my link?

I found out a bit about Mr Thurner since I saw his photos. He is a very dedicated 'gragher with a penchant for summit bivies.It is unbelievable that he captured Fury so well-from Despair!

It is a cool thing to bring art to our little hobby!

For those interested, I’ve recently made an addition of 60 new images to the site.

106-0085-W200.jpg

Thanks again for all of your comments. Special thanks to those who have seen fit to post additional links and commentary elsewhere on the web. I very much appreciate this.