All Your Bases Are Covered!

Fairweather

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't even received my 60 day notice yet. It's hard to find work when you can't even tell an employer when your last day is. I've got resumes out there, nonetheless.

A rather large severance package is contingent on staying until the last day, whenever that is. In the mean time, I'll keep spraying.

thumbs_up.gif All I can offer is my respect and best wishes. You're a class-act, CB - even if you do have some political flaws. cool.gif

+1

Good luck, CBS. Hopefully "staying on" is relatively stress-free (low work level).

Shit, you work all your life and it gets to be a habit. Indolence is unpleasant. I'd love it if those chemists would get off their asses and give me some work to do, but they are just moping around like it's the end of the world.

I've been laid off 7 times. I know it's not the end of the world, but to someone getting laid off for the first time it's like a punch in the gut.

But wouldn't it just be a hoot if the Republicans pulled it out and hung on to power yet again? ... Ahhh, to dream.

You know how when people are talking and one person says something that reveals their age like, "Oh yeah, I was at that Zeppelin show in '74" and the other person says, "Look out Alan, your're "dating" yourself"? That phrase, "dating yourself"? Yeah? Well I'm wondering, is there a phrase you can use when someone is showing that they're a complete lunatic stark raving asshole dumbfuck? wave.gif

KK said:

Nothing much is going to change no matter how this election falls. I expect a dismal turnout. interest is pretty low.

from the Daily Olympian today:

Secretary of State Sam Reed predicted voter turnout statewide would reach 67 percent, the highest percentage in an even-year nonpresidential election in recent history.

On the menu for this morning:

untitled1.jpg

PIERRE, S.D. - A woman who died two months ago won a county commissioner's race in Jerauld County on Tuesday.

Democrat Marie Steichen, of Woonsocket, got 100 votes, defeating incumbent Republican Merlin Feistner, of Woonsocket, who had 64 votes.

Jerauld County Auditor Cindy Peterson said she believes the county board will have to meet to appoint a replacement for Steichen. Peterson said she'll check with the state's attorney to be sure that's the process.

Peterson said voters knew Steichen had died.

"They just had a chance to make a change, and we respect their opinion."

When I was in the fourth grade I can recall being upset that I was too young to cast a vote for Reagan.

When I was in the fourth grade I recall Ms. Evoy, our kooky Canadian teacher, celebrating then recent statements from Ronald Reagan (then running for CA governor) that the next time protesters laid down in front of his motorcade he was going to run over them.

At that point, I became a Democrat. To date, the Republicans haven't given me a single reason to look back.