This is TOO much!

RemoWilliams

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gay sex and marriage, for that matter, is fine...unless you're the leader of a 30 MILLION member organization that is actively working to make it illegal for everyone else.

Those evangelicals just can't keep their blessed fingers out of the adolescent/cheap prostitute/Chippendale dancer cookie jar. Perhaps if they had wive's that didn't consider 2 hours of makeup removal a form of foreplay, they'd stay home more.

Quote from the male prostitute:

"I cried many nights; I got sick tormenting myself about whether I should do this," he said. "I finally had to come to peace with myself. ... I had to do the moral thing."

yellaf.gif

Seriously guys, don't string the pastor up just yet. We don't know the whole story. Maybe he is a hypocrite, but don't call him one until we know he is one.

Maybe he is a hypocrite, but don't call him one until we know he is one.

We are ALL hypocrites.

Name one instance where a high profile evangelical was accused of unseemly behavior: sex with prostitutes, tax evasion, etc...and it WASN'T true. Just one.

I'm waiting...

Me. I was accused of evasive behavior with a tax prostitute. Her name was I.R. Ass.

it just wasn't true

I'm beginning to think that this is a job requirement for leading a large evangelical congregation. Makes you wonder if some component of the zeal and drive necessary to fill that kind of a role comes from a vivid sense of one's own shortcomings in this regard. No one that I'm aware of lives in perfect accordance with the principles that they espouse - but the reality is is that if you hold yourself up as a model your own life had better be beyond reproach except for the occaisional speeding ticket or overdue tax return. If the allegations of getting cranked-out on meth before the trysts is true then this guy will succeed in reducing both Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker to bat-boys in the big-leagues of self-inflicted evangeloplosion.

I'm beginning to think that this is a job requirement for leading a large evangelical congregation. Makes you wonder if some component of the zeal and drive necessary to fill that kind of a role comes from a vivid sense of one's own shortcomings in this regard. No one that I'm aware of lives in perfect accordance with the principles that they espouse - but the reality is is that if you hold yourself up as a model your own life had better be beyond reproach except for the occaisional speeding ticket or overdue tax return. If the allegations of getting cranked-out on meth before the trysts is true then this guy will succeed in reducing both Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker to bat-boys in the big-leagues of self-inflicted evangeloplosion.

uh,yeah, except there are thousands and thousands of pastors and only a handful of these cases a year. rolleyes.gif

"It is important for you to know that he confessed to the overseers that some of the accusations against him are true. He has willingly and humbly submitted to the authority of the board of overseers, and will remain on administrative leave during the course of the investigation," the e-mail stated. A copy was obtained by KMGH-TV in Denver.

A confession is good enough for me.

Church member E.J. cox grin.gif,(maybe is was the fluffer) 25, called the claims "ridiculous." yelrotflmao.gif

uh,yeah, except there are thousands and thousands of pastors and only a handful of these cases a year. rolleyes.gif

But these loudmouths are the ones with multi-million dollar organizations they use to trash talk the same people they are "involved' with. Fricking bible thumpers.

Edited by Jim

Don't forget Jerry!

From the Guardian:

Jerry Falwell, a prominent conservative Christian and Republican party loyalist, sought to play down Mr Haggard's importance.

"He (Haggard) doesn't really lead the (evangelical) movement. ... He is the president of an association that is very loosely knit and I've never been a member of it," Mr Falwell told CNN.