Outer Space Cluster F....

sampco

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are assholes. The other party made it safely up a route that was probably a big challenge for them. They woke up before you guys and made it to the start. WTF do you expect. I gues I have a hard time grasping your idiotic thought process.

Since you suggest that the slow party held you up the entire way, I will assume you were "forced" to spend 11+ hours on route also. Since you did the bypass, you could not possibly have encountered the other party until two tree ledge. That leaves 4 "real" pitches to asses the situation. I can imagine the other party spent the bulk of their time on these pitches as they are a lot harder than the first and last pitches. So at two hours a pitch.... After the hand traverse, you rationalize that that was a hard pitch, so maybe the time is warranted. After two hours on the pedestal, you probably are getting pretty frustrated. You think to yourself, "hmm, there are two more pitches of 5.8-5.9 ahead. THe last 2 pitches of 5.8-5.9 took 4 hours. How long could the next 2 pitches possibly take?" At this point you look at your watch, the sun, or just use common sense and think "hmm if we keep going up we will be 4+ hours more on route". If my calculations lead me to beleive I would be topping out after dark, and I wasnt prepared for/familiar with the descent, I would just bail. You can probably bail relatively inexpensively from the pedestal i would think.

While everything alpinefox said is rehashed tongue in cheek, I largely agree with it. The slow party doesn't owe you shit and you cocksuckers deserve all the ridicule you get.

You are worse than the press - pulling out select quotes from my TR and putting in "...." where it serves your purpose. Perhaps you should include the sentence after your first, chump.

......and we were the first ones to scramble to the base of the route at about 7 am. We took our time scouting the start of the route, fiddling with gear, donning the harnesses, and were finally climbing at 8AM
Edited by ericb

Why are people such weiners? When presented with the options:

a) Try to address a problem in person, when it can be solved

OR

b) Wait through several hours of frustration and then going home and bitching using the anonymity of the internet

Why go the weiner route? Say no to passive aggression, kids.

I'm just glad Johnson didn't beat the shit out of those guys at the top of the wall, that dude is a BEAST.

You are worse than the press - pulling out select quotes from my TR and putting in "...." where it serves your purpose. Perhaps you should include the sentence after your first, chump.

......and we were the first ones to scramble to the base of the route at about 7 am. We took our time scouting the start of the route, fiddling with gear, donning the harnesses, and were finally climbing at 8AM

Oh, you're right. My bad. It only took you 10 hours base to summit. Way to send dude! thumbs_up.gif

just a thought, but SCW is a sunny crag

everytime i climbed SCW it was cloudy, and far from a rescue. i don't mind slow climbers. i have passed (not a chestbeat) parties on el cap @ 3am. they gave me water, and let me sit on their p.l. if slow climbers don't let me pass, i do it anyway. sorry, my goal is to make it to the bar before it closes. bigdrink.gif

Is taking 11 hours on Outer Space any worse than playing in a hardcore band in 2005? That musical genre is 30-some years old, you might as well dress up in a white jump suit and do Elvis covers. Wake up Johnson, you're playing your parent's music!

Not doing a half bad job of it btw, but still....