Best equipment manufacturers

jmj11

I'm wanting to open an "Adventure sports gear" type shop including a good rock climbing/mountianeering department.

Who's the best equipment makers? What would climbers want as far as products? Besides back diamond (my personal equipment-and I'm a novice when it comes to climbing) CAMP-USA sounds like a good line. Any reccomendations?

Mike, Anacortes

Edited by jmj11

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wanting to open an "Adventure sports gear" type shop including a good rock climbing/mountianeering department.

Who's the best equipment makers? What would climbers want as far as products? Besides back diamond (my personal equipment-and I'm a novice when it comes to climbing) CAMP-USA sounds like a good line. Any reccomendations?

Mike, Anacortes

If you want to sell climbing gear in your store, I'd probably hire someone who knows something about climbing.

I prefer anything made overseas in sweatshops - preferably using child labor if you can find it. Unfortunately this really limits you to apparel. Stay away from the liberal wack-jobs at Patagonia as they use organic cotton and filter lobbying $ to enviro-fascist causes, among other things. If you want to carry hardware and footware, you'll unfortunately have to do business with the quasi-communists in Italy and France at a minimum. Fortunately, you will find good gear from our friends and fellow Warlords in the UK.....DMM, Wildcountry (now the same).