Isolated alpine lakes hike

JoshK

I know it's asking a lot, but does anybody have a recommendation for a moderately easy hike in the alpine lakes area that won't be infested by hordes of humans? Lake would be cool, but anything is good as long as it isn't packed like the standard rachel lake, snow lake, etc. hikes.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just above Shield Lake are the beautiful Lorelei (sp?) Lakes. You'd probably have less bugs up there as it's out of the trees for the most part. Truly a beautiful spot. There is a route in that follows an old logging road that starts off somewhere near the Stuart Lake but I don't know what kind of shape it would be in now. I can send you a map & more info if you shoot me an email. From the main trail you'd just go up Prusik Pass & over. Hang a left and make your way over to the lakes just below the Druid Plateau on Cannon.

mini-DSC_4386.jpg

Edited by MountaingirlBC

I've never been to Shield Lake (just North of Prussik Pass) but I bet it would be easy to get to (swimming through the hordes) but isolated once you get there...it always looks nice when seen from Temple Ridge.

I've been to Shield and Mesa Lakes on my way to climb the Mole. Amazing place, as is the Edwards Plateau (I think- right by the Mole). We saw no one after we left the Snow Creek trail (granted, we got lost and took the drainage before the correct one in Selected Climbs 2). Highly recommended. I've been told that there is a better approach via Nada lake, or you could just cricle North around Prussik and come in that way.

I know it's asking a lot, but does anybody have a recommendation for a moderately easy hike in the alpine lakes area that won't be infested by hordes of humans? Lake would be cool, but anything is good as long as it isn't packed like the standard rachel lake, snow lake, etc. hikes.

I got 20 says JoshK is looking to scoop some backcountry smileysex5.gifsmileysex5.gifsmileysex5.gif

I'm not sure what you would consider "moderate" but I would be careful about jumping on the Shield, Toketie, Lorelei bandwagon. Although those lakes are drop-dead gorgeous, and Shield and Toketie are "bare-hook" fishing, you'd have to be named Skoog or Beckey to consider them a "moderate" hike...

• 1 year later...