How soft???

beer_factor

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL SCIENTIFICALLY YOU NEED TO TAKE THE RATING AND DIVED BY 2 AND THEN TAKE THAT NUMBER TO THE 1.75 POWER AND THNE SUBRACT .1 AND YOU WILL ARRIVE AT THE ACCURATE RATING.

HOWEVER, THIS ITSELF MAY BE OFF BY AT LEAST A LETTER GRADE. MY DATA MAY HAVE BEEN TAINTED BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER THAT DAY.

You have to be a bit careful sometimes. Like at the Gunshow Wall, Endless Bliss is 5.10a in the guide but more likely it's 5.8ish. To the right is a really nice route that is almost a full rope lengh called Bliss at the End of Eternity, 5.9 in the book but at least a grade harder than Endless Bliss. I think the new Weekend Rock book gives it a 5.10- rating which is maybe a stretch. Up the hill there are some 5.10's that are really soft like Elliie's Sweet Kiss. tongue.gif

Edited by sprocket

WELL SCIENTIFICALLY YOU NEED TO TAKE THE RATING AND DIVED BY 2 AND THEN TAKE THAT NUMBER TO THE 1.75 POWER AND THNE SUBRACT .1 AND YOU WILL ARRIVE AT THE ACCURATE RATING.

HOWEVER, THIS ITSELF MAY BE OFF BY AT LEAST A LETTER GRADE. MY DATA MAY HAVE BEEN TAINTED BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER THAT DAY.

CAN YOU SAY THAT A LITTLE BIT LOUDER????/// boxing_smiley.gif

huh-huh - you said "taint"