My very un-extreme hobby

lancegranite

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

however, come winter we could form a cosy little stitch 'n bitch club for all the knitters. 'splains why we like rope work, don't it?

knitting socks will be my next wool & needles adventure. So far I've mastered hats and scarfs...and sweaters just seem too big a project to take on without getting bored.

LOL, good luck on your knitting adventures then!

the antithesis to my unextremo post is that the royal knitters guild apprenticeship was something like 7 years, men only, and it came with the occupational hazard of loss of sight. i reckon that comes with knitting stockings in silk.

Edited by luwayo

I'm an indie pop music geek. If I wore glasses, they'd have heavy black frames. Current obsessions include The Evens (playing now), Starlight Mints, and (blush) Spoon.

I've come out of the closet as a bass player, I now play in the bedroom.

Oh, and I'm a happy tractor operator.

Well, here's the reason for my avatar...my unextreme hobby.

1991 VW Jetta, that's been infused with much mechanics from a wrecked 1992 VR6 Corrado. The engine/trans/suspension swap was completed over 8 months in a cold Michigan garage with nothing but a propane heater and liberal amounts of tequila and rum to help take the sting out of the frigid temps.

JettaSide.jpg

JettaSide2.jpg

JettaFront2.jpg

Here's a slideshow, complete with soundtrack (Weezer- "In the Garage) that I compiled a while back.

http://media.putfile.com/In-the-Garage-69

Here's a slideshow, complete with soundtrack (Weezer- "In the Garage) that I compiled a while back.

And thus we get to the unextreme part yellaf.gif. Even the lyrics are fitting for this thread.

That looks a lot like the '90 Golf I used to have (RIP). Were you able to swap the brakes too?

And thus we get to the unextreme part yellaf.gif. Even the lyrics are fitting for this thread.

That looks a lot like the '90 Golf I used to have (RIP). Were you able to swap the brakes too?

Yeah, sure was. It's a full, 5-lug suspension conversion. It was a fun project, but I won't do it again anytime soon.

Frankenjetta? Well, I never thought of....but makes sense cantfocus.gif