About as lightweight as it gets

DirtyHarry

From the partner's forum ...

I have the cat reserved this coming Sat. the 24th on Mt. Hood yelrotflmao.gif. A great way to save 2-1/2 hours of an uphill trudge saving your legs for where it counts! No, I will not guide you to the top but I will point you in the right direction if you wish. PM me for your seat. Slam us if you wish and we'll wave at you on our way by moon.gif

What a tosser HCL.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done Hood overnight, carried an overnight pack straight up the boringest 3,000 feet elevation I've ever walked.

One in our group opted to ride the ski lift. Others in our group derided him. One guy wouldn't even walk on the patio at the ski chalet where we stopped to have a food and water break, because it would compromise the alpine quality of the climb for him. (Um, rolleyes.gif.)

We all drive as high up on the mountain as we can. Is there some ethical distinction between driving as high as we can, and using other mechanized means to take us higher?

A true hard-person would start their trek at the base of the mountain. hahaha.gif

To each their own, I guess.

I can't see the missing the hike up the Mile and the Palmer as missing very much.

At some extremely subjective point it all gets very silly. How many people climb ...Waddington from Franklin Arm?

Well no one, cause there is no Franklin Arm hahaha.gif

For the same ethical reasons avoid treking in Nepal at all costs.

You sleep in.

Have someone cook you breakfast while you laze around like a rich man's cat.

Walk for an hour or 2, with some poor skinny shoeless 80 lb Sherpa carrying your 80 lbs of gear.

Have someone cook you lunch and attend to your needs and wants.

Walk for another hour or 2.

Have someone cook you dinner while you wait for the 80 lb porter to stagger up with your worldly possesions. The sum total dollar amount cost which is higher than said porter will make in his entire life.

Drink after dinner beer, they will open them for you.

Repeat as necessary.

The extent of your involvement in all this is repeatedly reaching for your wallet, which understandably gets lighter and easier to handle as you gain elevation. grin.gif

• 5 months later...
To each their own, I guess.

I can't see the missing the hike up the Mile and the Palmer as missing very much.

At some extremely subjective point it all gets very silly. How many people climb ...Waddington from Franklin Arm?

Well no one, cause there is no Franklin Arm hahaha.gif

Bump

I didn't think I'd dreamed it up...

There is a Franklin (Franklyn) Arm in the Coast Mountains. It extends westerly from near the southern end of Chilko Lake and has been used as an approach to the Homathko area.

Ref: CAJ 1975 Pp.40-42, AAJ 1958 Pp. 97-98

It would be a demented way to walk into Waddington though...