Thursday May 4 Spring Picnic

mattp

Join us for a barbeque and slides to celebrate the coming season,Thursday, May 4, at 6:00 pm.

We'll be at Woodland Park picnic shelter number 6:

566443-Woodland6-2.jpg

Bring something for the grill, or maybe a side dish, slack line or a frisbe. When it is dark enough, we'll show some slides, starting off with John Scurlock showing some of his outstanding North Cascade aerials, and David Whitelaw showing crags illustrated in his recently published "Weekend Rock." If you have something to show, send me a private message.

Directions appear on the front page, but here goes again: the picnic shelter is next to the lawn bowling area and horseshoe pits.

Head north on Aurora Avenue about a half mile north of N. 50th Street and turn right into a park entrance that is not all that well marked. Just inside the park, steer left and you'll see the picnic shelter on your right.

Alternatively, you can head up internal park roads from near the swim stadium/golf course.

We'll provide charcoal and paper plates and stuff like that. There will be both digital and analog projectors available.

566443-Woodland6-2.jpg.8333594908ad1af6c44eb865673ce1db.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in past years some folks have brought their kids. Some have brought their parents, too. This year, I think our special guest the sendbot will be putting on a bouldering clinic as there is a small boulder right next to the shelter.

In addition to the slide shows, if it is nice enough I'm not worried about wetness I may bring a small collection of large printed photos taken by the late Larry Kemp. He was an outstanding photographer, and his rock climbing pictures have appeared on climbing guide covers and in various magazines.

PDXers! Is anyone planning on driving up to this?

I'm flying back from PHX that day and am considering flying into SEA instead of PDX and just catching a ride back to PDX (assuming someone comes up) after the slideshow.

If you drive up and give me a ride back I would be willing to pay for your gas both ways!

You know you want to come... John Scurlock is showing slides! wazzup.gif

PDXers! Is anyone planning on driving up to this?

I'm flying back from PHX that day and am considering flying into SEA instead of PDX and just catching a ride back to PDX (assuming someone comes up) after the slideshow.

If you drive up and give me a ride back I would be willing to pay for your gas both ways!

You know you want to come... John Scurlock is showing slides! wazzup.gif

Sorry, I'm too anti-social. Otherwise it sounds like a great offer John.