shit is about to hit the fan!

Distel32

seriously....sometime soon. I'm actually a little scared....

If you haven't been reading my blog I hate you. too many things are backing up against the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party and they can only hold out for so long before they give in or institute some kind of scary police state.

http://mongolia.neweurasia.net/

touted as "the most up to date news site on Mongolia" (in english of course) yoda.gif

I'm off to sleep, been putting in long days recently. hope all is well for all you wankers, clown punchers, hot carl lovers and generally cool people. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke, a question,

I was reading down the blog and you mentioned students getting paid $5000 to form anti-protests. $5000 per student? Is that reliable? Also, was there any confirmation of this - students from different groups, or a second source making the same claim? It just seems a little fantastic.

You're right. It sounds like things are getting a little crazy. And I'm worried that the PRC is just looking for an excuse to provide "military assistance" to provide "stability" in Mongolia.

yeah, it isn't that sensational.

There were protests back in the fall when a few students admitted to being paid by the government, but no one said it directly to a reporter.

The busses went all the way almost outside of UB to pick up these students at a student dormitory. These students usually don't even come into downtown UB because it is like a 45min drive. When the busses were being loaded up there were "bodyguard" type guys ushering the students on the city busses and telling them not to talk to reporters. real protesters try to get as much tv air time as possible. You should have seen the kids laughing while they walked around sukhbaatar and then got back on the bus and left.

and yeah, Tg5,000= $4.20 or so. but to the students 5,000 is quite a bit of money.

theres almost enough fodder there for a made for tv movie tho, add some violence, some overthrow undertones, you desperately trying to shuttle your family away while conflicted about your need to inform the world firsthand via your blog. not to mention your well documented penchant for multiple love interests on the side.

with some effort, your blog could be the manuscript if contrived properly.