getting fired for stupid shit

whirlwind

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got fired for being late missing days, and suposidly endangering myself as well as others.

for one i missed only 1 day sick and 1 day becuase i wasn't allowed to work (got wisdom tooth pulled)

and was late maybe 3 or for times in 3 months mostly due to the fact my car took a shit on me.

as far as the safty bs i hit a suport on the steal building we were putting up, it dented but wasn't torn or that bad of a dent for that matter, they said it was the only one up, but in fact there was one other about 3ft or so to the rt on top one on each side of the building as well as x braceing cables on both sides of the structure at the time. oh and i riped a power cord, (which another guy did as well about 10 min later). this was the reasoning, there is more to it than that but i don't want to talk trash about people.

Damn dude. Sort that shit out in person not here.

I got one for ya...my first job in PDX. I had a company rig snugtop.gif I would take home at night. On the way to the office one morning I got fired for making a right on red without coming to a complete stop at a T intersection (boss was in the convenience store at the corner).

There was no street to my left at the interstion, I could only go straight or turn right. Since the opposing traffic also had a red light, there was no possibility of any conflict. And I got canned for it. Not speeding. Not screeching tires around the corner driving crazy...just recognizing there was no possible issue with turning right on red.

If anyone should have understood situation and that it was impossible to have a collision it was my boss....a traffic engineer. hellno3d.gif

oh and that was kinda the point rather than talking to me they fired me, i guess i forgot to mention that i was never directly warned for anything or written up, and the only person that actually herd me out was the office lady, whom could do nothing because it was one of the owners that fired me, but what ever i wish i could expalin all the details but it wouldn't do anyone any good. fuck it i hated working on steal buildings anyway it was a pain in the ass i much prefer wood carpetry.

On the other side of the coin I fired 4 people last year. There's only me here, so I can't shove that stuff off on a secretary; not that I would.

The first one took the longest; I'd never fired anyone before. The thing is after 6 months the kid could barely tie a slip knot and the only tree he could identify was a doug fir; it didn't help that he was pretty wimpy to boot. I was going to give him 2 weeks notice, but then he did about $1500 in damage to my chipper. I wrote him a check on the spot and told him he was fired.

By the time I fired the last guy it was kind of like a reality tv show. After I'd yelled at him for being late a couple times he showed up 2 hours late and acting like he was tweaking on something. After I told him he was late he said, "Well I'm here now what do you want me to do." I thought a minute and said, "Why don't you go home." His jaw just dropped yelrotflmao.gif

Things aren't perfect now, but I do have somebody who shows up every day.

in one week myself and coworkers: had a party on a company taxi boat and passed out on the lake we worked at, got busted getting the 17yr old drunk in the company dorms(no alcohol allowed inside regardless of age), set off explosives from the pier, and had a party which broke the hottub at the managers house I was staying at. I was the only one who got canned but thats just because he couldnt fire the whole crew mid summer.

whirlwind you are/were at will employment so they are not required to write you up or give you a warning. sounds like they did the right thing for the company. how hard is it to get to work on time? you know you have to get there.....rarely does someone not know thier car is a pos, so you need to make other plans to get to work on time. also hitting a structure shows that you are unsafe, never should a vehicle come in contact with a building. that alone constitues an inability to be considered a safe worker. smarten up a bit you might last longer.

I had nothing to do with what you are accusing me of.

Taking to PM.

Edit: you took this false accusation to a public forum, Eric. You were on ANOTHER JOB! How again am I responsible? Please respond to the PM.

Edited by MisterE