Amazing Coincidence in South Dakota...

catbirdseat

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

... that such a short time after Joseph Alito was confirmed to the Supreme Court, South Dakota would pass a law banning all abortions.

I seriously wonder if outlawing abortion may be a good thing for a struggling, lame ass, democratic party which has carried this court decision around for way too god damn long!

America would do well to forget "litigating" the abortion issue and instead, let the VOTERS speak on it!!! It's seems well KNOWN that if the issue were put to a vote, most of America favors the ability to choose. So let the states speak, and pass their own legislation. If SD chooses this (and some other states will too,) others will certainly go the other way and pass legislation legalizing/protecting it.

Moreover, I don't believe that abortion will ever really be "ILLEGAL" in ALL of America. That's an "alarmist" attitude pressed by NOW, Planned Parenthood, etc... the power of women in today's politics is too strong, and well, after 30 years of abortion, women aren't going to give that one easily.

The democratic party has become the party of abortion, gay and environmental rights?!. Do most American "REALLY" vote based on those three issues? I think most people keep their eyes on: jobs, money, comfort of living, and now, war. America isn't the land of "legalized abortion" and gay marriage, it's "the land of the minimum wage.," or "the land of the colonial marketplace that went awry."

So go for it SD, see what illegalizing abortion does for you. the_finger.gif

Wow, I sound like a federalist... Let me say that I hope women can always make this choice for themselves, but I'm not convinced it's a topic worth debating again, and again, and again, and again, and again... America has much larger fish to fry.

Ok, back to finding The Nodder.

Ha! The Doctor thought this thread was about the time DFA was stranded in the Pierre airport--pardon the digression, but does anyone else think they should just rename it the Pierreport? Anyway, it was one of those disastrous midwest winter deals, and DFA was killing time in the First-rate Platinum Flyer's Lounge, waiting for the snow to lift or whatever, and the fellow with the combover seated next to him at the bar turned out to be the Doctor's long lost brother (whom the Amazing family had given up for adoption once it was determined which of the two would be the wildly successful one).

Sadly, not all coincidences are enjoyable ones, and the incident turned rather ugly rather quickly after the "other" brother began stubbornly insisting that he was the successful one. Something about owning some building called "Trump Tower" or something. "Chump Tower is probably more like it" said the Doctor (or something to that effect). It only went downhill from there, but let's just say that Dr. Flash Amazing was not the one who spent the rest of the evening in the Pierre Community Hospital outpatient wing.

Ahh, South Dakota...