• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Choada_Boy

first winter ascent [TR] Three Fingers- FWA East Face Couloir 2/19/200

Nice jorb and another bigdrink.gif to yous and Scurlock, the Larry Flynt smut peddler of Cascade alpine climbing photos cheeburga_ron.gif

Me 'n Larry Flynt in the same sentence... Woo Hoo!

Remember, gents, I'm just sittin' there pushing a button. Y'all are the ones getting out there and getting it done, big time.

Good job & compliments to all - Whitehorse included.

JS

East Side of Three Fingers from near Salish Peak

1403fingers4.jpg

JT starting up the East Face Couloir

1403fingers1.jpg

In the valley of the Mountain Spirits

1403fingers2.jpg

The massive, frothy and thoroughly intimidating icefall at the top of the NE face

1403fingers3.jpg

Yeah - those pics are amazing. For the last pic, all that's missing is the obligatory "Anyone Gonna Get After This?" caption. Too bad about the hanging, bowl-shaped, perfectly-positioned-to-loosen-up-at-the-first-hint-of-sunshine, Snowfield O' Death looming above the entire route.

Three Fingers and Darin's and Choada Boy's East Face Couloir from Fletcher Peak (Pk 5240+ NE of Gordon Ridge) on February 12, 2006:

9453Fingers_fr_Fletcher.jpg

Is it the giant obvious one trending to the right? It looks much lower angle from that perspective. It certainly does look like a classic ski line. I have faith Sky and/or his compatriots will return... grin.gif

I heard some folks went out to ski it a while back, but it wasn't super cooperative.(?)

I think Sky and some other folks I don't recall have had his eye on this coulior for a while - if I remember correctly.

Here you go... yoda.gif

If anyone wants to go in there and drop the line, drop me a line.