[TR] Chair Peak- North Face 1/25/2006

skykilo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!

Did you have to rap the bottom of the route as well?

no just the two up higher--the 'schrund required minimal air time. i also had some loose ski hijinx that required shenanigans from rap 2, but am too shamefaced to detail. i made a fistful of 'turns' on the whole face, but want more of that once i get the appropriate skis & cajones. overall a super cool time--that shite talker is the man w/ the plan. some pics (unfortunately had camera set on low-res, dammit):

Just emerging from the fog, first view of obj.:

202520060125_0015-med.JPG

202520060125_0014-med.JPG

Sky on lead:

202520060125_0020-med.JPG

Clouds flowing, Sky climbing in lower left corner:

202520060125_0026-med.JPG

Sky skiing/photographing lower down:

202520060125_0041-med.JPG

Onslaught! I've never posted photos before, so might need some help w/ size, etc. --gallery has a few more...

ps, DirtyHarry, I will take you to the rack, then stomp you like a Narc at a bike rally.

There were some funny posts here. What happened? Why the moderation?

Reminds me of when someone took the funny posts where Ray and Mike flamed some Coloradan after I posted pictures from skiing the North Face of Shuksan.

Seriously, what gives? Don't say anything funny! When does banter become intolerable spray? Did somebody complain?

Anyway, I want it to go on the record:

DirtyHarry skied Da Toof on skate skis. NICE WORK FOO! bigdrink.gif

yeah, i didn't mind the spray either--though i do think that messrs. layton and harry should get their own Homoerotic Badinage Forum ...

that said, layton doesn't deserve the the common courtesy of a reach-around, that leathery dasypygal t-rex mutant.

• 2 weeks later...
That is crazy looking decent. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Sky and Lunger look decent in every photo. What's so crazy about it?

thumbs_up.gif Strong work. I would inquire about your next objective, except it's totally clear to me already.

It is crazy and wild from my perspective cause I don't have the skillz nor the balls for it. It is totally doable, as we have been shown, when are you going to post up your TR of Chair descent Norm?

That is crazy looking decent. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Sky and Lunger look decent in every photo.

Yeah, I really thought Eric's jacket brings out the blue in his eyes. For Sky though, I think more of a burnt cienna colored shell would compliment his complexion more.

Normally I would have agreed with you about Skykilo. but from talking to those who witnessed the debut of the peacock motif last year, I think he's taught us to rediscover new permutations of red, yellow, and cornflower blue.

http://cascadecrusades.org/SkiMountainee...lmowich2005.htm

http://mtnphil.com/Mowich/Mowich.html