Ladder looked for

chris

I'm looking for a aluminium ladder, round rungs, single (as opposed to extending), 16-20 feet long. It only needs to be rated to 200-225 lbs as well. Its for a rock climbing training exercise that I'd like to try out, and I thought that one of you may have one that's been beat up and time to retire. I could also use half of an extension ladder if the half-length is appropriate. Can anyone help me out?

Merry Christmas!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried that, but nope. Lowe doesn't carry single ladders either. Both Home Depot and Lowes have step ladders and extension ladders, but no single ladders. I know that Werner builds single ladders. But I thought some members here may also be in construction, and may have a used ladder that they wanted to get rid of.

IIts for a rock climbing training exercise that I'd like to try out

DFA hates to be the bearer of bad tidings, especially at this otherwise jolly and festive time of year, but, it must be pointed out that rock climbing is typically significantly harder than climbing a ladder. You might want to try building a climbing wall instead!

Helpfully,

Dr. Flash "is no training without paining" Amazing

Thanks DFA and Ryland. And I have access to a good climbing wall, which I use regularly.

Steve McClure advocates using an aluminium, round rung ladder in the same fashion as a bachar ladder for building strength, and I'd like to try it out. Supposedly, its lack of dynamic "bounce" helps minimize strained elbows.

Thanks for your helpful advice.

Steve McClure advocates using an aluminium, round rung ladder in the same fashion as a bachar ladder for building strength, and I'd like to try it out. Supposedly, its lack of dynamic "bounce" helps minimize strained elbows.

Being ignorant of who Steve McClure was, I did a search and found a most remarquable write up of Smith Rocks.

Most interesting quote about the camping "it's a national park - in America!"

Smith Rocks write up by McClure

Guy looks to climb way hard stuff.

I'm looking for a aluminium ladder, round rungs, single (as opposed to extending), 16-20 feet long. It only needs to be rated to 200-225 lbs as well... Merry Christmas!

Almost every construction site in the continental US will be unusually quiet and deserted this weekend. Let your imagination run... evils3d.gif

I'm looking for a aluminium ladder, round rungs, single (as opposed to extending), 16-20 feet long. It only needs to be rated to 200-225 lbs as well... Merry Christmas!

Almost every construction site in the continental US will be unusually quiet and deserted this weekend. Let your imagination run... evils3d.gif

steal the wood and build a woody!

that is how the TMTD came into existence....

I would never suggest to anyone to go out and rip off our very own Off_White. That goes without saying, and for anyone to infer such nonsense from my poorly crafted internet ramblings, and to actually go forth and commit such an atrocity, is simply ridiculous. blush.gif