[TR] Yak- Yak Check 9/25/2005

Dru

Climb: Yak-Yak Check

Date of Climb: 9/25/2005

Trip Report:

Climbed Yak Check today with Fern and Kellie. I was ropegunned up the climb, I led about 2 pitches. laugh.gif

Mostly I took photos.

357routeline1.JPG

357trip3-med.JPG

357trip4-med.JPG

357trip7-med.JPG

357trip8-med.JPG357tilt-med.JPG

Mike Layton School of Tilt Photography, Diploma Second Year Project tongue.gif

357trip9-med.JPG

357tripxi-med.JPG357tripxii-med.JPG

Gear Notes:

Full rack, possibly too full.

Approach Notes:

Trail is in good shape. Parking at the 2nd pullout is about 5 minutes faster hiking than parking at 1st pullout.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbed this back in August. Hungover, could barely hold down water, staggering up the highway at 5 am as two semis full of rotting pigs headed for the slaughterhouse pull into the truck stop. The smell was overwhelming and I couldn't get away from it, it was uncontrollable and I just barfed all over the place, four foot projectile vomiting, bloody fire hydrant wazzup.gif Oddly, I wasn't with Layton tongue.gif

Climbed this back in August. Hungover, could barely hold down water, staggering up the highway at 5 am as two semis full of rotting pigs headed for the slaughterhouse pull into the truck stop. The smell was overwhelming and I couldn't get away from it, it was uncontrollable and I just barfed all over the place, four foot projectile vomiting, bloody fire hydrant wazzup.gif Oddly, I wasn't with Layton tongue.gif

yelrotflmao.gif That's some funny stuff, Jordan. thumbs_up.gif

How hard is that big right facing corner on the lower portion? I assume it's a well established route.

rockband.gif

Back in the day they called it 5.7 ....I attempted it in 37-Celsius heat and quickly decided it should properly be climbed in full winter conditions.