• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!

Think SNOW!!! Let's have us a *real* winter this year.

Maybe it helps that a department store I was in last week has Christmas things out already. (And Costco is sneaking in some mighty Christmasy-looking items.) rolleyes.gif

Sweeeet! My oh my Pandora, I don't remember you being quite this excited about the snow last year... thumbs_up.gif

It snowed at the top (6500') of our hill today too. laugh.giffruit.gif

down here in las leñas it has been snowing, and the skiing that has been going down has been fkn stellar.

6 days at leñas, corn and pow have both been schralped, and am heading to cerro catedral right now. copious ski pron will be posted soon

Dusted off my snowboard last night! Tried on my boots, yup..they still fit! I'M READY!! My buddys from the UK are back up at whistler for the season..ohhh yeah baby..it's time for SNOW!!!

Holy shit...is that a recent pic of Rainier? Very nice if so.

What's front and center? Success cleaver, wilson headwall? (I know dick about Rainier.)

Justin- The "A" shaped rock in right-center is the "Fuhrer" area; the right side is the Finger, the left side of it is the Thumb. Left of that, is the Wilson Headwall, then the rocky, shadowed ridge is the Wapowerty Cleaver, then the main, broad area going right up the center is (lower) the Turtle Snowfield, and above, the Kautz Glacier route. You can see the Kautz icefall above, but it blends in with the snow.