• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
ivan

shoe repair shop in pdx

something about my uber technique-less climbing style has resulted in destroying the toe-box of my climbing shoes once again - a tragedy as they were the only pair of old-school hitop lasportivas i could find a few months ago. i wanna see if i can salvage them before i buy new ones - where are the good repair joints in portland?

uhhh...beg to differ, assclown...

send them to Ramuta's and leave the freak show alone...

agreed

Moutain Soles has put 4 resoles on my Sportivas and 2 on my 5.10s over the years, I've only had good results. But then again I've never used anyone else.

For someone who can't even go on amusement park rides, you talk a pretty big game, hoss. From now on, you must be at least this tall to shit-talk DFA:

____ [ This tall ] wave.gif

_

_

_ [ RuMR ] cry.gif

_

_

_ [ Da ground ]

then i guess i'll have to settle for just plain kicking your fanny instead of shittalkin' you?

anytime pops...anytime...

hey hey...when are you and iain coming up here for some fine canadian granite, eh bitch?

Iain is unwilling or unable to break with his current chossy mistress, that majestic, ski-lift studded pile looming over Portland known as "The Mount Hood." Perhaps DFA will come sample some of this alleged Canadian granite when he becomes fed up enough with America and moves North. 'til then, it's plastic, yellow SmithMud , and Rubik's Cube basalt piles.

IainC...not iainfrom here, dumbarse...

Smith is a shit pile...

Mr. Caldwell mispells his name Ian. Any real scotsman keeps the extra i in there.

Funny that you drive all the way down for a day at the shit pile. It must be really shitty up there.

yeah it sucks...but i get mega desperate and desperate times require desperate measures!!

I wouldn't know...

so, you aren't getting any? try the midget ones...

the_finger.gif

I just got my mythos resoled from Mountain Soles. When I picked them up, I noticed the half soles were already peeling off! I couldn't believe they would stand by that crap! Needless to say, I wasn't planning on paying 50 bucks for poor craftsmanship, so I had them fix the seam. Time will tell how they stand up. My grading scale so far is. ramutas did a great job and the shoes held up over time

Dave Page cobbler - C + (1 pair)

Ramutas -A (2 pairs)

Mountain soles - D

fair question. Whether I like it or not, I now call PDX home. I can't just drop by Ramuta's on my way home from work. Now maybe I'll reconsider my options

I just had my fourth resole done at Mountain Soles. All of them have been great. Did a good job on my bivy sack, and on my puffy jacket repair, as well.