Skateboarding

Mike_Gauthier

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that pipe looks a little sick to me.

yeah, i wet my pants thinking about it.

shit, that's gotta be a 35ft+ transition. flippin nuts.

i remember in the 80's when it was big and i had a halfpipe with a 8ft transition in the backyard. A friend then built a huge ramp with a 12ft transition and we all skated like a bunch of pansies on it and slunk back to the smaller ramps.

Orcas is the shit........I need someone to pay the price for the boat ride to justify it

Yeah, the park on Orcas is pretty sweet, nice to see a community pull together and build something like that. They had a huge party up there when it opened, a bunch of top skaters came in and put on a killer exhibition, hell, even Warren Miller donated some coin for that thing.

Alex......how is that park in carnation?? Looks like a big bowl with a pocket....is there overcrowding in the bowl.......one at a time??

I like it. Its a nice beginner park, and since its kind of further from large suburban centers there arent many people (if any) there. There is not street terrain, just a pool, but its a really nice place to learn and get your skills up. If people consent you can have 2 in at a time, one in the deep end and one in the shallow end.

its interesting there are so many retired, or semi-retired skate enthusiasts here. you chuffers should check out the oly park. mini bowl, bigger bowl into snake run into street course. something for everyone. i would go there frequently now but at this age when i eat shit i hurt for a week. cry.gif

Thanks alex.......is it hard to find? I imagine that if I drive to carnation and ask the 1st kid I see... I could find it. TLG........never been to bremerton.....but bainbridge island has an awsome skatepark thats only crowded on the weekend. I usally take my bike across and ride the 2 miles to the park to cut down on cost and time.......it's definately one of the best parks in the state.....never skated rain city, but it was a good idea. Imagine that...... a COVERED skate park in the northwest

Good to hear some props on the home bowl (Orcas). When we were building that the foreman did some of the sweetest stuff. I was really impressed when he would get up early and skate the bowl "to see if it felt right" with a cup of coffe in his hand taking sips in between catchin air. cool.gif

Edited by ketch

Thanks alex.......is it hard to find? I imagine that if I drive to carnation and ask the 1st kid I see... I could find it. TLG........never been to bremerton.....but bainbridge island has an awsome skatepark thats only crowded on the weekend. I usally take my bike across and ride the 2 miles to the park to cut down on cost and time.......it's definately one of the best parks in the state.....never skated rain city, but it was a good idea. Imagine that...... a COVERED skate park in the northwest

oops; i meant bainbridge. thumbs_up.gif (never been to bremerton either; just remembered it started with a "b"!)

The Carnation park is not that hard to find, its located in the little memorial park on the N(?) side of town, there are some public tennis courts there too.

I havent been to the one on Orcas but my brah tells me its the shizzle. He skates the Mukilteo park daily and says that ones pretty good too. There are alot of good parks around.

I have been borrowing my friends board the last couple times, but I think I will buy one now, get some good knee pads and skate more often. Its a pretty good workout!