Stolen: wallet(s) at Rocky Butte

John Frieh

madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

My girl's and my wallet were stolen from her car this evening. Just a friendly reminder to everyone... take with you to the crags if you value it.

If anyone finds a green purse or brown wallet (empty or not) give me a shout please.

And if I catch you thieves on drytool night... hahaha.gifpitty.gifboxing_smiley.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oughta turn this into a shout-out for those who've been robbed at the butte - alright, how many of you sprayers have gotten your shit (or someone you know's shit) ganked at the christian crank-alley?

made me realize last night the value of my stealthy total piece of shit mitsubishi mirage, parked right by jon - guess the shit-stains and 6 inches of garbage on the passenger side didn't inspire much confidence in any would-be theives

seriously, keeping all your shit on you or in a trunk has to be SOP at the Butte

setting up a sting operation might be a pleasent alternative to DT night tonight, eh jon?

That's too bad, NOLSe. Are they smashing windows now or did she leave it unlocked?

I've never had anything ripped off there, but I'm pretty careful not to leave anything lying around where I can't see it.

Given all the sketchy characters that appear of an evening, I think a sting operation would have all the challenge of shooting fish in a barrel.

i don't think the meth-heads are using too much logic, barjor; i wouldn't have been surprised at all if they'd smashed my windows just like lani's on the off-chance they'd find something, if only the 24 cents in pennies in my ashtray.

i conciously avoid leaving anything of value in my car at the butte too, but you kinda sound like you're telling a rape victim it's her fault for being hot

What I am saying is that if no one left anything of value the meth heads would have to find a new hunting ground. I usally leave my car unlocked so they don't have to smash anything. I am suprised with how many people that leave there wallets and CC in there car and then act suprised when someone steals it. Sure it sucks but a wallet is not that much to pack with you. That said I know it is just a matter of time before I will be posting being pissed becuse someone stole my sleeping bag or cooler with beer.

I was out at Beacon all day and missed the fun.

Sorry to hear of it Nolse. Was it visble in the car? I too have been ripped off at the Butte as I've documented here before. The big one (full backpack) still pissed me off like 28 years later.

Wait, I was out at Beacon yesterday, this happened 2 days ago....sorry ....Wednesday. What are the full details, theres a lot of people up there in the evenings anymore, usually with you, that's pretty brazen for anybody to do, esp with the bible college dorm windows looking right out at you.

Wallet and purse were not visible... hidden quite well actually. Back window was smashed... I think we would have heard it anywhere else but the freeway traffic likely prevented us.

Update: punk bitches used my info to secure a new drivers license, with that a checking account and with that applied for a car loan hellno3d.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Thank god for fraud protection! I highly urge anyone who gets their shit jacked to register for fraud protection immediately! Even if you cancel all your credit cards (both of us did) this free service notifies you if anyone tried to open a new line of credit using your information laugh.gif With out it I wouldn't have had any way of knowing someone was using my info.

Open season on thieves... better hope I don't catch you! the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

Don't leave anything of value in your car, it's not that fucking complicated. If it doesn't pay of for those low life bastards to break into cars at the crag they will not do it.

You've obviously never climbed at the Butte. Tweakers go their to boot up and party--any car that happens to be there is a target of opportunity. Its not like they go out of their way to ransack cars there.

As a quick note: tlaked to Nolse last night. Says he was parked down by Birds/White Rabbit. He thinks that the berm hid the smash and grab, as it was that side next to that berm which (mostly) hid the dickhead from prying eyes.

I've never thought of it before, but parking in the open looks to be the way to go.