• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
OlegV

Missing party on LR

Went extreme hiking along the White river trail yesterday, talked to a ranger. A climbing party is 2 days overdue on LR. Any fresh news on this? confused.gif

Nice. what was their story? i figured if it was going to have a happy ending it would involve them bivying in the caves on the summit, old-school style (maybe they found the magic mushroom farm i installed up there by the toasty, moist fumaroles - might explain their difficulty in coming back down the hill?)

Nice endings and extreme hiking! OlegV are you training to beat the speed record for the Trifecta of Cascade Jewels?

It is a little riskier than "Extreme Walking", but basically the same cool.gif

extreme hiking = doing an approach for a climb w/ all your gear, only to turn right the hell around at/near the base of the climb due to any number of factors including weather, conditions and gumby-ness

I thought that was called "checking on conditions" or "gathering beta." I like your version better.

Just curiously probing an upper edge of misery one can expose himself to. Fortunately, there is always a safe and happy return to the Burger King land.

extreme hiking = doing an approach for a climb w/ all your gear, only to turn right the hell around at/near the base of the climb due to any number of factors including weather, conditions and gumby-ness

sounds like a textbook definition of my run up to Shasta 2 weekends ago.