Chaps

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.mtbohemia.com/home.html

Ah, the midwest. Home of less than 1000ft vertical. This place has some steep terrain, albeit short. They also have 'extreme backcountry'. Heh. The real kicker is women ski free, all day every day!

the maps make the place look huge!

Screw the downhill, anyone up for a tour of the BWCA? Was there in the summer when I was a kid, looked like a great place for a ski tour.

We need to send Extremomtndude to scope this out for us. We may not be qualified.

warning2.gif

900 FOOT VERTICAL DROP + 41 RUNS!

Six new backcountry runs!

Descriptions of some of the new runs:

Motherlode - the biggest longest glade run in the Midwest. This run located between Tommy knockers and the extreme back country will offer the best snow and some of the most interesting terrain ever found at Bohemia. There are constant dips and curves thru the forest giving the skier or ride constant changing terrain as they descend to the bottom. Because of its location this run will likely have the best snow most of the season.

Ghostly Godiva - Located just off of the Bad Seed in the Haunted Valley. This will be the place to hit up after the powder has been skied out on the front. Steady pitch with nice rhythm thru the trees. This run with its North Facing exposure will be ideal during the spring season.

Goldilocks - Located in the Bears den this glade run located between polar bear and Black bear take the skier/rider right beside the infamous forbidden cliffs (don’t drop these 60-footers) . Facing mostly east this glade run should be great with snow all season long. yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

He's wondering why he's not out ice fishing or knitting a sweater on such a fine cold day.

Hint to the hucker: goggles protect your eyes.

Dude, do not dis ice fishing. They are not just ice fishing houses. They are beer drinking huts. Sometimes we even drill holes and fish. You guys don't have the BWCA or Voyagers. Oh I'm sorry I mean mosquito play land where you get run with the timber wolves, moose fight the bears for blue berrys. And what about agate hunting on Superior. Hey, cant beat that one can you?

And about that ice climbing. What is it a two hour slog to climb the galcier cracks on Mt. Rainyest. I mean like consolidated snow that is sun melted and reconsolidated to rememble the shit that grows in the freezer of a 1965 kemnore fridge in a crappy rental property in North Minneapolis. Here in the land of frostbite falls we have to park our cars back a bit so we don't have dinner plates smashing the hoods of our cars. And hey just like you folks out there...there is always Canada. Great ice just north of the border here too. Nipigon Ice.. Hey...

When you guys can get out and climb the stuff in -30 degrees...talk shit then. Ok we're idiots but thats what it takes to make and keep ice for an entire season. Well...that and a bunch of snow, a rainy fall, the right type of cliff where ground water seeps out and freezes.

Forget it..I'm packing up the beer drinking hut and movin out.

It's about the beer. We have pub crawls. Booze cruises on bikes. All that stuff. Next time I come out I want to see the beer drinking huts. Show me the beer drinking hut fresh fish resturants.

On a side note the actually had a prostution ring busted on Millelacs about five years ago. They were scoring clients in fish houses. I don't know what to say about all that. It kind of leaves you dumb. Maybe they should change the name to Lake Amsterdam or Red Light Lake.

the biggest longest glade run in the Midwest.

After soaking in this glorious run, enjoy the freshest seafood in the Midwest at our restaurant.

Seefood schmeefood. We've have walleye....and beer drinking huts. Heated beer drinking huts.

not that beer drinking huts don't sound like a great idea, i sort of like the idea that the beer drinking huts here aren't situated in the middle of frozen lakes.

Thats what you get for messing with Minnesota!

The funniest part about this thread is the title is still nice: "this board is so silly". He is trying to slam the board but does it politely. He could have said "this board sucks, you're all a bunch of losers". wave.gif

Ok we're idiots but thats what it takes to make and keep ice for an entire season. Well...that and a bunch of snow, a rainy fall, the right type of cliff where ground water seeps out and freezes.

Forget it..I'm packing up the beer drinking hut and movin out.

Aren't all Ice climbers idiots I thought that was the first and foremost requiremend to enjoy beating your knuckles to a pulp as you wallow up steep shit that's melting as you climb it above pro that is melting out as you climb? moon.gif