Hexes are stupid thread.

E-rock

Hey guys, I have this opinion that is controversial and I bet none of you have ever put much thought into it before:

"Hexes are stupid"

What do you think? Is that altering your little narrow-minded climbing paradigm. I sure hope so, cuz I hate seeing all you stupid wool-sock wearing, lederhosen donning, jingle-jangle walkin', know nothin', mountaineer baitin' motherfuckers in my mountains.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually carry a number 10 hex to the crags because it makes a pretty good hammer to bash on the nut tool to get out my stuck nuts that I fall onto and weld to the rock on my 5.9 projects.

Someone also said once that they are good for throwing at sleeping belayers, but I haven't tried that yet. And there's the ol' "hex-pipe" trick, with one of the middle sized hexes.

I also REALLY REALLY dig the sound of big hexes jangling together. It reminds of when the hippies taught me to climb at the columns in Yoogeene. I have fond memories of that time.

mushsmile.gif

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y

I usually carry a number 10 hex to the crags because it makes a pretty good hammer to bash on the nut tool to get out my stuck nuts that I fall onto and weld to the rock on my 5.9 projects.

Someone also said once that they are good for throwing at sleeping belayers, but I haven't tried that yet. And there's the ol' "hex-pipe" trick, with one of the middle sized hexes.

I also REALLY REALLY dig the sound of big hexes jangling together. It reminds of when the hippies taught me to climb at the columns in Yoogeene. I have fond memories of that time.

mushsmile.gif

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y

You're OK assmonkee.