Cute tights Lance. Where's your tutu?

Alpinfox

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! What is with you dumbshits thinking you need a $4000 carbon fiber bike with fancy "I'm a racer" handlebars to commute to work?

Fuck off dude, it gets me to work faster, at least faster than the Humvee sitting on Montlake in gridlock.

Hey! What is with you dumbshits thinking you need a $4000 carbon fiber bike with fancy "I'm a racer" handlebars to commute to work? You aren't in the Tour de France on the Burke Gilman you pretentious fuck! Oh, you are sponsored by Raliegh or USPS or whatever? Yeah right. You are mediocrity personified - quit acting like you are some world class athlete.

Jumpin' jeebus you people make me sick and even with your 14-color spandex unisuit, you can't keep up with me in my levis. Pathetic.

Thank you for allow rusty, squeaky, $8, thrift store, girl's bike rider to pass your overbranded ass and post on pedestrian website.

ON YOUR LEFT!!! the_finger.gif

yellaf.gif

AKA "I'm jealous as hell that you can afford a $4k bike!" cry.gif

One of the Doctor's cyclistically-inclined acquaintances is similarly fond of passing the outrageously-equipped during Portland's various noncompetetive pedaling events. He loads the basket on his cruiser with PBR, drinks lots, and passes all the wankers, pedaling along in his flip-flops and laughing all the way.

Showing my naivete here: why use a single speed? I had a co-worker that used to race on them and said that a number of bike messengers were at the track, so maybe its a good workout for the race? They seem gawd-awfully tough to ride...cool looking though....some guy posted once on a bike BBS that it was a pure form of bike riding. True dat?

I just squeak (literally) along on my 15 year old steel frame MB and really can't relate to carbon-fiber guy or single gear guy. You all end up passing me anyway.

I do take some small guilty pleasure in occassionally passing carbon fiber guy though.

Showing my naivete here: why use a single speed? I had a co-worker that used to race on them and said that a number of bike messengers were at the track, so maybe its a good workout for the race? They seem gawd-awfully tough to ride...cool looking though....some guy posted once on a bike BBS that it was a pure form of bike riding. True dat?

I just squeak (literally) along on my 15 year old steel frame MB and really can't relate to carbon-fiber guy or single gear guy. You all end up passing me anyway.

I do take some small guilty pleasure in occassionally passing carbon fiber guy though.

Bike dorks always ride the fixed gear single speeds. I used to have a freewheel hub with a single speed just b/c I was too poor to afford more than one gear. I think those fixed gears are fuckin nuts and I'd kill myself trying to ride one in traffic. Those dudes who ride them are bad ass in my opinion. I ride a steel frame road bike now with ten whole speeds. I'm moving up in this world and shit.

Bike dorks always ride the fixed gear single speeds. I used to have a freewheel hub with a single speed just b/c I was too poor to afford more than one gear. I think those fixed gears are fuckin nuts and I'd kill myself trying to ride one in traffic. Those dudes who ride them are bad ass in my opinion. I ride a steel frame road bike now with ten whole speeds. I'm moving up in this world and shit.

Those internships musta paid off. wink.gif

I did the messenger thing for a while and the primary reason, other than bravado, is that single speeds are less of a hassle. No derailer, cables, brakes to be screwing around with. If you have a commute without killer hills it's not a bad way to go if you don't mind standing in the pedals once in a while. Some folks I know also use the single speed for the commute in the drizzle and road grit and have the better road bike at home for longer rides in good weather.

Single speeds are fun. They're less maintenance, quieter, and - if you're into that sort of thing - make you use better technique instead of fiddling with gears. I rode mine to work yesterday and got my ass kicked going back home over council crest.

Nobody else was riding up the hill. The hill kicked my ass. And anybody else could've too. No neon though. And no boobs yet, but I'm crossing my fingers. And Specialed, don't worry. The kid won't have a better experience for what he's studying anywhere else. And he'll make some damn good money for a summer job. Should there be just one giant spray thread today?

Just remember, it's all those goobers with more money than sense that keep your favorite shop in business.

Not to mention that they are the same ones that fill Craigslist with their one year old "used" gear that the rest of us pick up at a nice discount.

This guy gets it. thumbs_up.gif Retail is for sheeple.

Hey! What is with you dumbshits thinking you need a $4000 carbon fiber bike with fancy "I'm a racer" handlebars to commute to work? You aren't in the Tour de France on the Burke Gilman you pretentious fuck! Oh, you are sponsored by Raliegh or USPS or whatever? Yeah right. You are mediocrity personified - quit acting like you are some world class athlete.

Jumpin' jeebus you people make me sick and even with your 14-color spandex unisuit, you can't keep up with me in my levis. Pathetic.

Thank you for allow rusty, squeaky, $8, thrift store, girl's bike rider to pass your overbranded ass and post on pedestrian website.

ON YOUR LEFT!!! the_finger.gif

I'm not on the BG, but...........

You seem pretty snooty about what I might be riding, and

You're obviously hung up on what I might be wearing, and

You think you're pretty cool that you can go fast on something you don't even think enough of to take an oil can to........, and

You think I've got issues?

Fuck you

Next I'll probably catch hell for being too slow for Snow Creek Wall or something.