The New Pope.

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Everyone knows that anyone who has ever smoked marijuana or used any pyschadelic drugs is a destitute, feeble-brained, lunatic who is probably also a child molester.

Former cocaine and booze addicts on the other hand are role-models and we should like elect them President or something.

Dr Kary Mullis (winner of the Nobel Prize Winner for Chemistry in 1993) invented a method (PCR) for detecting even the smallest amount of DNA in ancient materials. "Would I have invented PCR if I hadn't taken LSD? I seriously doubt it," he says. "I could sit on a DNA molecule and watch the polymers go by. I learnt that partly on psychedelic drugs."

Yeah. Everyone knows that anyone who has ever smoked marijuana or used any pyschadelic drugs is a destitute, feeble-brained, lunatic who is probably also a child molester.

Former cocaine and booze addicts on the other hand are role-models and we should like elect them President or something.

Cocaine users, drunks, and pot-smokers don't have random flashbacks, and are not generally susceptible to schizophrenia and other mental illnesses induced by the drug usage... of course I guess that's what makes LSD the "best drug" in the words of a cc-com'er. rolleyes.gif

Cocaine users, drunks, and pot-smokers don't have random flashbacks, and are not generally susceptible to schizophrenia and other mental illnesses induced by the drug usage...

Where did you READ that bullshit. You obviously don't know from any sort of first hand experience.

Actually, I heard on Canadian NPR (OK don't laugh) a while ago scientists are studying treatment for schizophrenia and other mental illness using small doses of pyschodelic drugs. Results are promising.

Cocaine users, drunks, and pot-smokers don't have random flashbacks, and are not generally susceptible to schizophrenia and other mental illnesses induced by the drug usage...

Where did you READ that bullshit...

Uh, let me guess, the local DARE officer?

Where did you READ that bullshit.

You've heard of the NIH?

"Many LSD users experience flashbacks, recurrence of certain aspects of a person's experience, without the user having taken the drug again. A flashback occurs suddenly, often without warning, and may occur within a few days or more than a year after LSD use. Flashbacks usually occur in people who use hallucinogens chronically or have an underlying personality problem; however, otherwise healthy people who use LSD occasionally may also have flashbacks. Bad trips and flashbacks are only part of the risks of LSD use. LSD users may manifest relatively long-lasting psychoses, such as schizophrenia or severe depression. It is difficult to determine the extent and mechanism of the LSD involvement in these illnesses"

moon.gifhahaha.gifpitty.gif

Cocaine users, drunks, and pot-smokers don't have random flashbacks, and are not generally susceptible to schizophrenia and other mental illnesses induced by the drug usage... of course I guess that's what makes LSD the "best drug" in the words of a cc-com'er. rolleyes.gif

Hey KK have you ever looked at the warning lables on legal drugs...you should take a look sometime; it's some scary stuff.

Anyway I think the cost to society of a legal drug like alchohol is pretty high; and it affects people who aren't even consuming the drug...look at a MADD site for examples. LSD induced psychosis only affects the user.

Anyway I don't agree with Dave's view that LSD is, "the best drug." All you have to do is look at folks like the original lead guitarist of Pink Floyd, Sid Barrett, to see that it can push one into a lifetime of mental problems; however there's no proof that he wouldn't have ended up that way eventually.

On the other hand there are a lot of people out there that have done the stuff a handfull of times and aren't confined to a psych ward; they even have jobs and pay taxes and shit.

I'm sure you're too straight laced and uptight to even think about that. tongue.gif

Hey KK have you ever looked at the warning lables on legal drugs...you should take a look sometime; it's some scary stuff.

I do. And I use the warnings in my evaluation of the risk of taking them.

Anyway I think the cost to society of a legal drug like alchohol is pretty high; and it affects people who aren't even consuming the drug...look at a MADD site for examples. LSD induced psychosis only affects the user.

The claim that drug abuse only affects the user himself is false. Drug abuse affects the person's family members and society, and has economic impacts.

Anyway I don't agree with Dave's view that LSD is, "the best drug." All you have to do is look at folks like the original lead guitarist of Pink Floyd, Sid Barrett, to see that it can push one into a lifetime of mental problems; however there's no proof that he wouldn't have ended up that way eventually.

Would it be possible to even make an album like the Piper at the Gates of Dawn without being on 'cid, or maybe I should say 'syd in this case. hahaha.gif

On the other hand there are a lot of people out there that have done the stuff a handfull of times and aren't confined to a psych ward; they even have jobs and pay taxes and shit.

They rarely go around bragging about what they've done. It's just something they went through as a part of growing up, or simply living.

I'm sure you're too straight laced and uptight to even think about that. tongue.gif

Perceptions and assumptions will only cause you to have egg on your face. Suffice it to say that I will not be running for office any time soon. hahaha.gif

The claim that drug abuse only affects the user himself is false. Drug abuse affects the person's family members and society, and has economic impacts.

That may be true, but killing somebody's innocent kid is no little thing; also there's a lot more folks out drinking and driving that dropping LSD. Even if it was legal I don't think there's anyway it would become anywhere close to the popularity of bigdrink.gif

They rarely go around bragging about what they've done. It's just something they went through as a part of growing up, or simply living.

Bragging in public your right; among friends may be a different matter.

That may be true, but killing somebody's innocent kid is no little thing; also there's a lot more folks out drinking and driving that dropping LSD.

There's also many many times more people drinking alcohol responsibly, in moderation.

BTW, I knew someone in college who went to a concert, got "fried", and killed a family while driving home.

Anyway, I never made any comment about the frequency of the use of LSD, only that it's really, really dangerous. I'd say the same for PCP and heroin. I've read disturbing information about ecstasy too. It takes a lot less of these drugs to cause serious problems than say alcohol or pot.