Seattle Pub Club, March 29

catbirdseat

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be this place?

I’ve heard rumor of the place that was built out of train cars, but their description never did it justice. I mean, how could it. The hey day of Andy’s Diner was almost 25 to 30 years ago, but you can visit it now and enjoy all of the great atmosphere, artwork, and noir of the Oriental Express...

...you should come here. I have said this in the past, but you need to get in your car, drive down to South Seattle and give them some of your money. You will not regret it. I give Andy’s Diner 5 Martini Glasses out of 5.

Service is friendly and familiar, and the portions large. The New York steak sandwich special at lunch is simply that -- a generous slab of grilled steak on a bun, served with a green salad of iceberg lettuce and croutons ($8.95). The fish and chips are moist, golden-fried chunks of fresh cod ($7.95). Burgers are a good bet at $6.50 to $8, particularly the Bleu Jack with crumbled blue cheese. Cold sandwiches go for a cool $6. ...

Andy's Diner, 2963 Fourth Ave. S., 206-624-4097. Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.

It sounds worth a visit.

Andy's Diner, 2963 Fourth Ave. S., 206-624-4097.

If there's enough people who want to do something after 9 we could either go to the Owl and Thistle or there's a place over by the Sears/SODO/Starbucks bldg. It's a dive, but I know the Owner and the manager there. bigdrink.gif

Chuck you can call my cell if you're getting there late.

No problem, 10 sounds good , however I will probably have to start drinking around 9 if everyone I have pissed off shows bigdrink.gifevils3d.gifRemember this is a class joint we have pull tabs. What time do people usually come to these things?I go on shift at 5

Edited by Dan_Larson