Renton Rock

Jens

A little bit of scrubbing is going on off SR-900 (Renton-Issaquah highway).

* The boulder 10 minutes up the trail from the Wilderness peak trailhead is sporting some chalk and scrubbed holds. I've always dismissed the thing as to dirty but it looks like now it may have a few nice problems.

* The boulder 10 feet off SR-900 as you descend towards Issaquah sports a problem I did a long time ago. I noticed it is sporting some new chalked holds and some more scrubbed stone.

* The old "Issa-quarry" or "spy rock" at the divide is seeing more climbers than I can ever remember.

Any more spots to mention anyone?

Everyone bring a wire brush and contribute. With more traffic, these could be even more clean and fun.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any other boulders?

any good lines coming out from the overhangs?

Yeah, the entire cougar mt. area has some boulders scattered in the area. Checkout the ones I mentioned above off the Renton-Issaquah highway (SR900). Also, up the wilderness peak trailhead a ways farther their may be some more potential. Also I haven't looked at the "fantastic erratic" (marked on all maps) boulder in a long time but with some scrubbing it might be OK? With enough traffic, somebody could string together a circuit.

6-8 miles in from the closest trailhead. It is signed 'Lone Rock'.

hahahahahahaaaaaa

and so it shall likely remain.

boulderers are far more intelligent than to schlep some ridiculous distance just to climb some obscurity.

my beer would be warm before I even got there.

----

I will have to re-tour cougar mtn. I have not hiked there since I started climbing.

On a somewhat related note is the water level low enough to boulder at rattlesnake (I would think so)?

Also does anyone know about some boulders near the base of si's north pilar. Caveman said something about them a couple years ago, I've never checked it out.

Likewise went to Rattle last week and still under water..Went to spy rock today will return tommorrow morn for some pics..Rock seems loose...6 to 8 miles is quite a way with a pad but is it worth it?..I am not Lazy!!!!Maybe I will explore it!!

ERic

Edited by seattlechronic

• 3 weeks later...