• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gapertimmy

What Do you Want to See?

on the main index page, why doesn't the "Last Post" seem to update for the Access Issues forum? when looking at the main index page, it seems as if the last post was in June.

just a little glitch...i fixed it. (but i didn't fix the underlying problem, which is that new posts won't show as the "latest post" unless a mod or admin posts a new thread and then deletes it). i doubt we will fix this as we will be going to a new board and this problem can be worked around.

For the last couple of weeks, the site seems to be loading pretty slow. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a change that may have affected the site load time?

and then she'll be all wet and thinking of me. how romantic.

what's that? A drowned rat? grin.gif

Actually, I want to see you Archenemy. Ropeup?

I just realized I am at Squamish at the end of Sept; not Oct.

But that weekend in Oct is when hunting season opens so I'll be out there. Sorry. I'll still think of you though wink.gif

this is lame and insignificant, but when you load the login in page, it would be cool if you cursor went directly into the username box. thats just me being picky, though i think it is a minor programing thing.

I've noticed a lot of folks pose questions that are not directly related to climbing, but perhaps tangentially so (i.e. plant indentification, rock formation history, etc).

Maybe an "Ask it here" forum might see more traffic than the Pirates only forum?

Can we try a beta version maybe?

Montana and Idaho forums need a moderator. And a TR button.

Please I have voiced this as well. fruit.gif

TR Button has been added. Trask is the moderator.

Thats a good call John. If someone would be willing to help tag the TR's (click a button and add the original trip data (Peak,Route,Date)) Please PM me and I'll try to get this feature re-enabled.

Not sure if it's technically feasible but...what about adding some tags that make it easy to hotlink video from Google Video or Youtube so that the video plays inside the BB? Might be a cool way for people to incorporate video/audio/slideshow type stuff into their TRs or posts, without cc.com having to host the files. Could be a good way to inject some more homegrown stoke into the freshiezone.

Damn Jay, you are a visionary. Timmy and I were talking about that earlier today. It if it is doable, we'll make it happen.

jay i do think the most feasible option is to allow people to post to perhaps google or googletube and link here... I'm looking at the video upload and conversion to something standard like flash, but it is fairly processor intensive

I have zero technical insight into how this stuff works, but I have seen a bunch of blogs where the link to an external video actually plays in the same window where the link is displayed, and the "link" that you click on is an image which shows the first frame of the video file that's stored at GoogleVideo or Youtube. Is this kind of what you guys were thinking of or did you have something else in mind?

I think that they do something like this with the video content that they post at www.oregonkayaking.net and it's pretty dope.