• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
bigwallpete

Climbers Rescued in Hope?

Thanks to Mike & Simon from Van. for helping out w/First Aid bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif We owe you $20.

From my vantage point it looked like the ice failed at the top of the bulge.

sweet Winter, I can hardly wait for some carnage shots.

glaaaad you're okay rob.

Good to hear you are OK.

Fred Beckey highly recommends the waitresses at the Vault.

glad you are alright ... when I first saw this post go up last week I thought about you guys but was not sure ...

bigdrink.gif

The waitress we had almost certainly had the cardio output of a marathoner judging from her lung size.

next time you are drinking at the vault give me a call I'm only 5 blocks away. bigdrink.gif

next time you are drinking at the vault give me a call I'm only 5 blocks away. bigdrink.gif

So close we were to the epicenter!

yellaf.gif you should have gone over to take some photos of the worn keyboard and such

Falling on ice and / or while soloing is bad form

Saying the the obvious after some one has hurt or nearly killed them selves is bad form.

yellaf.gif you should have gone over to take some photos of the worn keyboard and such

Believe me Rob's face was much more photogenic.

I told you that you should have come skiing with me instead.

But then again, you get to show everyone how much fun you had last weekend for a looooooong time.

Thanks for testing the holding power of screws Rob. You da man! I've never had the pleasure of testing one.

Just curious...

Did you have a screamer on the pro because you thought it was marginal?

Do you think it held because of the screamer.

How much of the screamer was activated.

What size rope were you using?

And..was your injury from strictly the adze or did you get bonked on the fall or by the block.

Thanks for testing the holding power of screws Rob. You da man! I've never had the pleasure of testing one.

Nor do I ever want to test one again.

Just curious...

Did you have a screamer on the pro because you thought it was marginal?

No, I put a screamer on it because I had planned on running it out to the top of the pitch. The ice itself at that point was pretty solid.

Pure conjecture, but yeah, I think the screw held largely because of the screamers reduction of the force. But I am not a physics geek.

All of it.

What size rope were you using?

7.6mm twins

And..was your injury from strictly the adze or did you get bonked on the fall or by the block.

Thats a question I am unlikely to ever know the answer to. My gut tells me one or two of the cuts were from the adze but some resulted from either impact with the wall or with the block that fell on me.

Someone asked me yesterday if I knew anything about "a climber killed at Bridal Veil Falls on the weekend". How does it feel to be rumoured dead yellaf.gif

The Screamer was the Zipper Screamer - according to Yates "Zipper Screamer reduces peak force on protection anchors by 6-7kN."