Dreamin' @ Smiff

EWolfe

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5.11 slab? hardly, the thing is like 5.10 climbing...crux at low roof, crux at high roof with miles of easy climbing before and after...

second roof, get your feet high in front of you and LOOK over the roof...(I'm 5'-5") so height is not an issue...

I redpointed this route earlier this year.

Yep the true "crux" moves are off the ground. You then stand on a ledge and get a true no hands rest. I think the climbing up from there is probabling in the low .11's but is continuous, a bit runnout, and slowly saps your energy.

I found the true difficulty in doing the route in having enough energy to make the lieback at the roof and pull around. I "cheated" by getting my feet high as Rudy said and then reaching back with my right hand and palming back on the roof. It required a good bit of body tension but I was able to let my left hand depump a little and rest my grip in the right as well. After a few moments I was then able to grab the small lieback and grab the jug above the roof with a little less pump.

Definetely a sweet line with fun moves.

I think at 12b its plenty over rated. Compare it to say Tales of Power.

My choice for a first 12 project would be that climb left of Latest Rage. Better pro and a bit harder technically than Dreamin' but also shorter!

Pitch 1 of 5 easy pieces is a fun well protected easy .12 too - hmm actually that would be my choice.

Edited by Peter_Puget