If your looking for some good alpine pants.....

scot'teryx

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

hmmm yeah, but what climber wears a 44" waist!!!!!!

I got a pair of REI schollers for 100$...they are good pants.

boner. dude. did you see the size range... 44-68! who the hell wears 68" waist!?! those sizes are not the waist measurements, probably euro sizing or some such thing. [Razz]

[ 10-15-2002, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: James ]

quote:

Originally posted by James:

quote:

boner. dude. did you see the size range... 44-68! who the hell wears 68" waist!?! those sizes are not the waist measurements, probably euro sizing or some such thing.
[Razz]
68 inch waist pants = Schoeller 2-person bivi sack.

quote:

boner. dude. did you see the size range... 44-68! who the hell wears 68" waist!?! those sizes are not the waist measurements, probably euro sizing or some such thing.

It is euro sizing, you gotta actually read the text on the page [HORSECOCK]

[ 10-15-2002, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

quote:

Originally posted by monkeyboy:

I am sure they are really nice but 100 bucks is still a lot to spend on climbing pants. I Guess I will keep the mountie look alive with shorts over long johns.

[HORSECOCK][HORSECOCK][HORSECOCK]

I'd have to say that the 110$ that I spent on my old/retiered Pataguci Talus pants was perhaps the best 110$ I have spent on gear. I use them all the time. Try and you'll never leave home without them...

quote:

Originally posted by James:

quote:

[Razz]
I don't know. GearExpress one time had a seat harness listed on their clearance page that was size XXL --seems like it was about a 48" waist. I remember at the time thinking: "I want that guy belaying me!"

quote:

Originally posted by scot'teryx:

quote:

It is euro sizing, you gotta actually read the text on the page
[HORSECOCK]
Yah, it's Euro sizing, but it's still fricken gigantic. I bought Mammut Castor pants last week and the store couldn't tell me anything about the sizing, so I tried them all on. My assessment was 48 smallish medium, 50 medium, 52 large, 54 lg-xlarge. I don't want to even think about catching a fall of someone who wears a 68 [Wink] .

Good site to check out every once in awhile though. IF you pay attention to the sizes they can come up with some pretty good deals if you happen to get lucky and find something in the correct size. I bought some new boots there this summer and perfent fit and killer price.

quote:

Originally posted by scot'teryx:

quote:

It is euro sizing, you gotta actually read the text on the page
[HORSECOCK]
Found this on that site:

Size Euro(US): 42(27-28) 44(29) 46(30-31) 48(32) 50(33-34) 52(35) 54(36-37) 56(38) 58(40) 60(42) 64(46) 66(48) 68(50)

A climber with a 50" waist? Shit, he's gonna need a lot more than Schoeller, like a 12 mm rope, and a shit loader of screamers.