POLL - PDX Slide Show Beer Bash

Winter

When to party  

48 members have voted

1. 1. When to party

So Kristin and I have done much soul searching and have finally decided to THROUGH A FUCKING PARTY! Skiing conditions suck. Climbing conditions suck. Kristin's got a fucking hernia. So ... when is it going to happen?

Sorry we can't pull this together sooner, but January is already completely shot.

WTF?! Can a mod please change the poll activitation date.

Edited by Winter

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Awright people, here's the deal.

We're going with a weeknight event.

February 23 - 8 pm-?

This should give all you slackers (like me) time to get your shit developed. Shouldn't interfere with the long weekend or other climbing plans. If this date poses a lot of problems for people, let me know.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hey just a reminder to folks on the slide show. PM me if you need address, phone #, directions. All are welcome. There's room to crash if you don't have to crawl into work the next morning.

I'll have a slide projector and screen, beer bigdrink.gif and food HCL.gif and mushsmile.gif.

If folks are bringing digital stuff, then someone will need to provide the projector and computer.

• 2 weeks later...

At this moment I am still planning on making it. I have an old (1986) video documentary on rock climbing (VHS) that a friend did as a class final project at Chico State that should prove entertaining. Cameo apperance by Steve Schneider and interviews and shots of yours truly; 20 pounds lighter and almost as many years younger. cantfocus.gif

You get to see me fall about 30 times on an 11d boulder problem...at least I had given up my pink/with sperm motife printed lycra by '86. (Schnieder is still wearing lycra.) wazzup.gif

Beer, I'll bring some/plenty...any requests? bigdrink.gif

I'm not sure that carpentry and climbing mix. I almost pulled a Tommy Caldwell last night. I did about as much damage to my right thumb as I can imagine doing without hurting the tendons and bones on ye'ol table saw. FUCK! Spinning blades and simple flesh don't mix. The doc says it should heal fairly fast.

I won't make it out tonight but I will try to hook with Chris and still get some beer your way. I'll miss you all...I was really looking forward to this. bigdrink.gif