Honorary KTK members.

Chepe

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was the funniest part:pasted

Once up on Liberty Bell, (1986), working on a new route in the big roofs (by the Barber Pole (find my bolts yet?)), a big "rat" found me. He/it certainly thought it was the mother of mother stashes. We had pigged out on a lot of food for that turns into gas efficiently, plus my food was in with me. It attacked the lighter material around the door (no dummy) trying to gain instant access. I smacked it as hard as I could, sending it down the cliff. It, or its buddy, was back at it, just as I was dozing off. I smacked it again, but it was ready this time, almost as if it was expecting a blow, and it started getting more violent. Teeth,claws, more gnashing of teeth, horrible screaming... I thought I was going to be face to face with this 4+lb. thing in my 4.5 lb little tube (Black Webb). Finally I got turned around to give it a good solid kick.(Try that in a reg. hammock.)

Hearing it fall down to the ledge below, I quickly reached out and grabed my wall hammer from my rack. Sure enough, it was back shortly, attacking me. I then hit it so hard from the inside with my hammer, I thought I was going to punch a hole in the fabric. This really provoked it, instead of killing it, scaring me even more. A couple more rapid blows sent it down the rock (I'm sure to die of internal bleeding).

I got out, swearing never again to set up over a good ledge, to see why .D.J. didn't come to my rescue or at least be laughing at me like he was when he saw me climb into the "contraption". Dave was snoring away hanging/laying in his harness, on the ropes. I tried to wake him, but the whiskey was too much/strong.

In the morning, looking at the hairs and blood on the outside of the door fabric, I told him about my sleepless night. He doubted me until he felt his thick beard and noted how clean it was. "Yup,yup, dirty bird" was all Daves response was.

Many a Yuppie has met Dave in the mnts. and saw the sharp end of an ice axe/hammer raised/pointed at them, or, thought they saw a sasquatch.

[big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

Oh lookie, it's my hero, that incomparably sexy genius, Dr. Flash Amazing; showing off. Oh, I could just faint from delight! *squeal*

-

Thank you very much, Trask; that's quite flattering. However, that's Arnold Schwarzenegger there, and not DFA.

[ 10-02-2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

I wonder if Matt P has any gossip about these guys. They claim (and yes, I am a little skepical) to have put up a 3,900' 5.9 and did the entire FA Free solo in 5 hours?!!

It's ironical that somehow, me and Matt P have the same number of posts despite registering within 10 days of each other. [big Drink]