Support The 2007 Mt Olympus (Mars) Expedition

layton

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello sir,

I would like to be considered as a team member for the Olympus expedition. My qualifications inlcude having once eaten (and enjoyed) a package of astronaut ice cream and having only a mild fear of enclosed spaces.

Oh, and I've climbed some stuff too.

Please advise me on the training regimen I should begin for this trip.

I just don't feel that it is that hard to make an 21.23k summit attempt with a team of a few good climbers. I mean sure it can take a year of planning and get pretty involved but it doesn't have to be! I have never done an 21230 meter peak, have you?

Going on other escapades around the world, I have learned a lot of times it is easier than what it is made out to be. Anyone agree?

One of my other talents is that I can do a great impression of "HAL" from the 2001 movie. I figure that would come in handy for idling away the 50 year-long approach flight.

"I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you."

One of my other talents is that I can do a great impression of "HAL" from the 2001 movie. I figure that would come in handy for idling away the 50 year-long approach flight.

NASA can get us there in 2 years. Burt Rutan will design the expedition vehicle. i know it will be human powered but 50 years? C'mon dude we can do it in 4 or 5. snugtop.gif

What kind of gear to bring for the cliff band?

I have some sky hooks to donate if the air is thick enough confused.gif

Also, still have some moon boots from the 70's if they are useful. fruit.gif

Additional note: You may wishto bring heavy duty packs as the martian snaffles are particularly wiley

martians.jpg

Safe travels! wave.gif