Monday Sux

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ryland moore:

Don't you have to really try to trash a Unimog?
yep
Thought those things were indestructible?
[Eek!]

almost indestructible...

Robin locked his car keys in the toolbox then lost the toolbox key during the bushwack. Luckily my mailbox key worked in the Unimog ignition thus avoiding a 40km hike out.

Then he drove off the road and into an alder thicket filled with sharp things while looking at an unclimbed wall instead of where the hell he was driving.

Then he decided to see if driving at 80km/h over waterbars would "smooth the bumps out", nope it just wrecks your shox.

Then the Mog ran out of gas near Squamish and it was discovered the tire was flat too. Probably from sharp things in the alder thicket and wailing over the bumps. Anyways we had to walk back to his house and get my Ru and a gas can and go get the Mog so he could drive it home.

But the whole thing pales in comparison to how I drove the wrong way into oncoming traffic on a one way street in Whistler saturday night [Eek!]

[Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Then he decided to see if driving at 80km/h over waterbars would "smooth the bumps out", nope it just wrecks your shox.

I did that recently and knocked my muffler silly, trashed a shock bushing that was already somewhat aggravated, and gave the death kiss to a motor mount.

all back in order now and ready for another thrashing....

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

And by the way Cavey is a complete liar - he really can climb! Don't believe his I hang alot line. Cavey can climb and even more important he is strong enough tocarry all the beer in!

[big Drink]

Yeah the gruelling 6 hour approach to Mountie Doom is even harder carrying 24 Olde English 800s.

had a little tiny bit of fun. kid stiff saterday ...on sunday got up at 6 am and climed at local crag. got 5 routes in before I had to be home ...hung out wiht some friends and got to see some mouth watering pics of THE VALLEY [big Grin] alll in good time...all in good time [Wink]

Camped at 8 Mile Campground in Leavenworth and was dissapointed to find out it's really only 7.5 miles from hwy 2.

Saturday I flailed on some stuff with my 4 yo daughter and wife, pretty fun.

Sunday TRed everthing at 8 Mile rock. only one other party there. Great place to work on jamming, Classic Crack is pretty good, must lead it next time. [sNAFFLEHOUND]

Set up a highline over Tilly Jane creek on Saturday for some rigging fun, finished with a zipline back to the other side. Had a blast, but not really climbing.

Yet another day on the Eliot ice up at Hood on Sunday. Forearms sufficiently burned out. I'm not in ice climbing shape. New snow lingers on the North Face.

B-rock TFJ remains one of my favorite climbs even after the # of times I've been up there. Hope it wasn't too crowded for you. Usually there's at least one Mazama type group up there that gives me crap for being by myself on that route while they engage in a shouting fest around the crawl trying to talk to each other. I just run through and get out of there. [Roll Eyes][laf]