not my words, but i must agree

glassgowkiss

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayhaps...excuse the newbie. blush.gif

Neil Young, alright. Anyhow, pardon the confusion, fellas.

Still wondering about that AWB, though...but I guess I wasn't directly asking you.

I dunno, it's all hip and shit to embrace that retro thing, but I could never get behind the Average White Band....

Neil Young though is a different story.

AWB...Assault Weapons Ban. Opinions? (Other than the one asked, Bob?)

Well, you see it's kinda like this.......It has been too long since this limpwristers have ever had to fight for their freedoms that they are so quick to give them up.

They'd have you believe that the Constitution was meant to read that the National Guard was what a militia was. Sorry boys, but that just isn't the case.

Here's a couple of quotes that might enlighten you fellas as to what they really meant.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, Encyclopedia of T. Jefferson, 318 (Foley, Ed., reissued 1967). (Letter to Peter Carr, his 15-year-old nephew, August 19, 1785)

"Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped;…" Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers # 29.

"The great object is that every man be armed ... Everyone who is able may have a gun." Patrick Henry, 3 Elliot, Debates at 386

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in Chapter 40 of "On Crimes and Punishment", 1764. Chapter. Whole Book.

Now I could add a lot more, but I think you get the point.

Our Founding Fathers only problem in writing the Constitution was that they could not forsee what a bunch of idiots that we have in the "blue states" who would so easily give up their freedoms and contract bottom-feeding attorneys to begin the interpreting process of their fine document.

The good news is for all you Yankees is that Canada is welcoming you with open arms, so don't let the door on that 747 hit ya in the ass grin.gifgrin.gif

What he said. Basically.

My take: With freedom comes responsibility. Owning firearms is a freedom, that comes with great responsibility. Too often, people want less responsibility, and are willing to give up theirs and other's freedom for it.

Don't want guns? Fine, don't own them.

But don't be telling me that I am too irresponsible to own firearms, because that is none of anyone's business but mine.

Our Founding Fathers only problem in writing the Constitution was that they could not forsee what a bunch of idiots that we have in the "blue states" who would so easily give up their freedoms and contract bottom-feeding attorneys to begin the interpreting process of their fine document.

Are you high? Seems it's you GOP's that want to take all the "freedoms" away!!! No gay marriage, no abortion, no this/that. And where did it say "ALL" guns. Thought we were talking about just assault weapons. Sheez, always twisting things around.

What he said. Basically.

My take: With freedom comes responsibility. Owning firearms is a freedom, that comes with great responsibility. Too often, people want less responsibility, and are willing to give up theirs and other's freedom for it.

Don't want guns? Fine, don't own them.

But don't be telling me that I am too irresponsible to own firearms, because that is none of anyone's business but mine.

yes it is, like your driving isn't only a matter of your driving, but everyone around you. i agree, you should be able to own a fire arm, but to have no licencing (like in canada) it is just crazy. so what about all the road rage shootings? you are not supposed to have a conceeled weapon in your vehicle, right? the fact of the matter is that an argument about personal responsibility is a complete propaganda and you have to be fucked in the head complete redneck moron imbred to use it. the fact of the matter is that United Stetes has THE HIGHEST gun related crime rate in developed country by something like 10 fold. while germany has 2.4 murders per 100 00 US has over 5. the only coutry with higher rate is russia with 7.1. as te matter of fact the gun loving jesusland (the dumfuckingstan = south) holds the highest murder rate (#1 florida). get off them drugs sonny deep throat puff- it's fucking up your brain.

while germany has 2.4 murders per 100 00 US has over 5. the only coutry with higher rate is russia with 7.1. as te matter of fact the gun loving jesusland (the dumfuckingstan = south) holds the highest murder rate (#1 florida).

Two things.

1. I don't know where you are getting your stats. Pulled from the recesses of your ass perhaps? Try this link:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_cap

And you will see the US weighing in at 24th, behind Poland which clocked in at 20th the_finger.gif

2. Florida may be geographically located in the south, but it ain't the "south", ask any southerner. rolleyes.gif

there is a difference between total murder rate and gun related murder rate. so for all of you gun tonting redneck fuck brain half wits some straight facts:

in 2000 28 663 people were killed by guns (16 586 suicide, 10 801 homocide 1276 unintentional shootings- accidental, undeterminedand legal investigation)

in 2000 3365 people between ages of 1 and 19 were killed by guns (average 9 each day).

since 1979 more people under 19 died from gunfire then the total number of soldiers killed in vietnam.

the firearms related death rate for children under 15years of age is nearly 12 times higher then that of the other 25 industralized countries combined (source- morbidity and mortality weekly rapport vol 46 no 5. CDCP february 1997 pp 101-105).

in 1999 rating by thwe state:

nevada (20.7 firearms death rate)

mississipi (18.6)

alabama (18.1)

followed by lousiana, arizona new mexico, tenessee, wyoming,arkansas, oklahoma and alaska

the lowest rate: massachusetts (3.2), hawaii (3.5), new jersey (4.5), new york (5.6), rhode island, new hamshire, connecticut and minesota. washington state is #28 (10.2)

so fuck off

the fact of the matter is that United Stetes has THE HIGHEST gun related crime rate in developed country by something like 10 fold. while germany has 2.4 murders per 100 00 US has over 5. the only coutry with higher rate is russia with 7.1

Nice math dumbass.

hey pee-wee hermin genius. i know, that you can read words, but can't follow a conversation. you are out of your element- shut the fuck up jizz slurper.

the fact of the matter is that United Stetes has THE HIGHEST gun related crime rate in developed country by something like 10 fold. while germany has 2.4 murders per 100 00 US has over 5. the only coutry with higher rate is russia with 7.1

Nice math dumbass.

hey pee-wee hermin genius. i know, that you can read words, but can't follow a conversation. you are out of your element- shut the fuck up jizz slurper.

So in your math system 5 is 10 times 2.5? Nice back pedal ya polish fuck. wave.gif

Are you high? Seems it's you GOP's that want to take all the "freedoms" away!!! No gay marriage, no abortion, no this/that. And where did it say "ALL" guns. Thought we were talking about just assault weapons. Sheez, always twisting things around.

Nice for the GOP. Personally, I don't care what gays do...do whatever you want, what do I care. It's none of my business, or anyone elses, for that matter.

Define Assault weapon, if you will. Who draws the line? The gov't? Puleeze.

Ban assault weapons, then you ban something else, then you ban the next thing, and so on.

While never really achieving anything.

Point is, it's none of the gov't's business to ban the legal firearms owner from owning firearms.

And btw, arms, in the context of the 2nd amendment, are clearly definable: Arms. Look it up. Clearly, nuclear weapons are not "arms".

yes it is, like your driving isn't only a matter of your driving, but everyone around you. i agree, you should be able to own a fire arm, but to have no licencing (like in canada) it is just crazy.

Where do you get the idea there is no licensing? There is mandatory registration, unless you buy from private parties. The only two legal ways to purchase firearms in the country.

You may have been talking about some sort of "firearms-school", not sure.

so what about all the road rage shootings?

What about them? Are guns at fault, or people? I don't think those road rage shootings you speak off are committed by individuals that are legally carrying firearms in their vehicles in such manner, because that requires a concealed carry permit. I think you'd find that the vast majority of that group is very responsible with their privilege to carry. Heck, they had to file & pay for a special permit.

Anyways, the point is, those shootings were most likely committed by knuckleheads that were breaking numerous laws to begin with. Why punish those that follow the law? Trying to fight the lawless with yet another law (banning guns, whatever) is sorta pointless, no?

you are not supposed to have a conceeled weapon in your vehicle, right?

Correct, unless you have the proper permit to do so.

the fact of the matter is that an argument about personal responsibility is a complete propaganda and you have to be fucked in the head complete redneck moron imbred to use it.

Why is that propaganda? Mayhaps you could explain the point you're trying to make?

As I said before, if you don't like guns, don't have anything to do with them. But please, don't project that on me, or any other legal, responsible owner of firearms.

As a sidenote, flowery language doesn't exactly help your argument.

the fact of the matter is that United Stetes has THE HIGHEST gun related crime rate in developed country by something like 10 fold.

Quite possible. First of all, it should be obvious that the majority of gun crimes are committed by individuals barred from owning firearms in the first place, implying the firearms were acquired and owned illegally. Enforce the laws on the books.

Banning legal folks from owning firearms will do squat to prevent criminals from owning guns. They didn't buy them at Walmart, you know.

Whilst it is easy to blame guns for those statistics, it is a bit simplistic. It would behoove anyone to look a bit further, and take a look at social problems as background for our crime statistics. Poverty, Education, etc...guns are only accessories, and not the root of the problem, but a symptom of it.

matter of fact the gun loving jesusland (the dumfuckingstan = south) holds the highest murder rate (#1 florida).

Committed by criminals barred from owning guns. Your point?

get off them drugs sonny deep throat puff- it's fucking up your brain.

Talking to yourself?

HINT: I mentioned it before: Using flowery language doesn't further your argument. You don't even know me. Why hurl insults at me for having a different point of view?

Edited by Matt_E

there is a difference between total murder rate and gun related murder rate.

Who cares what they use to kill people? They are still killing people. hahaha.gif

So to cary this logic further...

Who cares if people die from smoking people are still dying.

Who cares if people die when the gas tank of the 70's pintos explodes people are still dying in car accidents.