New campaign fodder . . . courtesy of Bin Laden

Camilo

DUBAI (Reuters) - Osama bin Laden accused President Bush of deceiving the American people and said the Sept. 11 attacks would not have been so severe if the president had been alert.

In an address on Al Jazeera television just days ahead of the U.S. presidential election, bin Laden also said the U.S. administration resembled "corrupt" Arab governments.

"It never occurred to us that the commander in chief of the country (Bush) would leave 50,000 citizens in the two towers to face those horrors alone ... because he thought listening to a child discussing her goats was more important," bin Laden said, referring to Bush's visit to a school when the attack occurred.

Al Qaeda leader bin Laden said he had first thought of attacking the United States after the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon. U.S. intelligence agencies believe that it appeared to be bin Laden on the tape, one official said.

Bin Laden appeared to be sitting or standing at a table against a neutral brown background. He wore a round, white head covering and white tunic under a light brown cloak.

Reading from a sheet of paper, his voice was strong and he appeared in fair health, his full beard a mixture of white and dark gray. At times he gestured at the camera with his right index finger to emphasize points.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about: the CIA has Osama in captivity and is forcing him to make videos threatening America therefore causing those scared of terrorism to vote Bush rather than Kerry. WTF why didnt he just come right out and say "I, Osama, would totally vote for Kerry if I was a US citizen.". Maybe they could get Saddam to do a similar testimonial.

How about: the CIA has Osama in captivity and is forcing him to make videos threatening America therefore causing those scared of terrorism to vote Bush rather than Kerry. WTF why didnt he just come right out and say "I, Osama, would totally vote for Kerry if I was a US citizen.". Maybe they could get Saddam to do a similar testimonial.
Lookout! j_b got Dru's password.

Who gives a fuck what he said?

He's a dead man walking, no matter who wins.

Uhhh..duhh...I don't know....maybe...just maybe..because the guy is the leader of a radical and violent group of islamic militants who have been creating chaos in the world for the last 10 years. Who's actions and our counteractions are rapidly changing the political, social, cultural balance of the world. Who's coconspirators have us bogged down in a gruesome war in Iraq. Who's speeches might give us, their sworn enemy, some understanding of their beliefs, their ambitions, their future actions. Might help us understand what the Arab world hears and is torn between.

Then again maybe it's just easier to close our eyes , stick our thumbs in our ears and repeat "He Evil, he hate our Freedom"