ass-kickin

carolyn

Yesterday I got my first day of drytooling in for the season. Around here there really is a season for it...when its too cold/wet for rock, but no ice. Anyway, I was humbly reminded how fuckin HARD and scary it is.

Mmmmmmm....how I love pulling up on a tool planted on a paper thin ledge of sandstone. Even better when your face has no where to go but in front of the sharp object!

The physics of pulling your body up, while pulling down on one tool and sideways on another. confused.gif

Or the ability to stack tools in a crack barely wide enough to fit the first few teeth of your one tool, so you can stand up high enough to reach a sloping ledge. hellno3d.gif which you thought was going to be bomber.

The sound and smell of your tools grinding into the sandstone as your hold crumbles away.

The pump!

I dont know why I enjoy such pure fear and physical torture. Maybe because I know one day it will be much easier for me confused.gif. Who knows. I love the movement, the stillness required, and the creativity of using the tools to move you up the rock.

So, drytoolin....

Discuss!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just let go of the tool and duck if I start falling.:D So far so good with NOT needing that mask alpinfox posted. Tho it might make a good investement. smile.gif

Too much weight added by putting a tennis ball on the hammer specialed!!!!! C'mon, whatcha thinkin?!?!?! yelrotflmao.gif

Ergos and fusions dont really have much of a hammer to protect. Its more the sharp end I worry about.

Hey, Im not complaining. I was just thinking what a freakin' crazy activity. And to think it can be so much fun at the same time. I must be sick!