F'n dogs

chucK

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when I was 15, I was riding home on my bike through the suburbs on my way home from school, when these two dobbermans came charging around from the back of this guy's house. I took off like lance armstrong, and blew through the next stop sign, These dogs were surprisingly quick dogs. This happened several times.

Finally, I went by that way, and I went on foot. I kept a nice fat Baseball bat on the far side of my body, out of sight. Then the dogs came running from the back of the house. I saw the guy looking at me from his back yard. The dogs approached, and I assumed the Conan Stance. Ready to crack some skull.

The dude started forward, and called the dogs off. With one command, the dogs turned and returned to the yard... I guess they were pretty well trained.

I didn't have any problems riding my bike past there again.

I had a similar experience as pzack when I delivered newspapers as a 13-year old.

There was a german shephard along the route that used to bark vociferously at me behind a fence. Initially he'd scare the bejesus out of me but in time I grew used to him (i.e, prepared for his noisy onslaught).

One day when I was nearing the fence along the road I prepped for his bark but there was nothing. I thought he might be in the backyard or inside the house. Well I got to even with the driveway and THERE HE IS OUTSIDE THE FENCE. He sees me and starts a runnin'. I pedal faster but it's no use. He's catching up. 40 yards...20 yards...10 yards...

He runs up to my back left side and I'm rapidly looking forward & looking back not sure if he's going to bite my lower leg or not. I try and kick backwards with my left foot. It's actually hard to kick while riding a bike, or so I learned (this was a BMX bike).

Anyway, while I'm looking forward to look where I'm going I kick backwards again. I feel my foot impact a very hard surface--his head. Dog yelps in pain for a second then stops.

Dog never bothered me again. Oh sure he'd bark when he sensed someone coming but once he saw it was me he'd shut up. Fantastic!

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Yeah, I know, old post, (probably) tired subject, but just read another post that touched on the subject and figured....

What's with irresponsible dog owners? Why let your pet run unleashed. Does "oh, he's friendly" suppose to inspire confidence when he's growly at me 6" away from my nuts? And to let your dog run free while you are on the 3rd pitch yelling "no Fido, bad dog" is just retarded.

Hey, here's a thought... don't bring your dog climbing, hiking, walking, running, whatever unless you plan on keeping them under control and leashed, or you plan on me kicking the thing in the head for storming up on me.

No, I don't care for dogs... must I because you do? mad.gif

[/rant]

yesterday, we were up at Three O'Clock Rock with a couple of families, and some dog bit one of the six-year olds in the face! The party with the dog were hanging out right at a trail intersection.

madgo_ron.gif

The dog should be put down and the dog's owner(s) should be fined and forced to pay any/all medical bills.

i think the owner should be put down with the dog madgo_ron.gif