bouldering

thelawgoddess

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uw rock may serve a purpose, but it is far from the best thing ever....nor is it eve close to being cool.....

i have better things to do then pretend that i am climbing on some concrete and road schlang....

can you say overrated?????? i know i can!!!!

p.s. i am well overrated as well.....and prolly slightly tainted....

Make the trek down to Spanaway to revel in the splendor that is Spire Rock. It's also a great opportunity to practice your boot-axe belay technique using the nifty faux axes embedded in the top, and that spinning chockstone is pure genius!

Truth be told, there just isn't much in the way of bouldering on the Westside of the Cascades that I'm aware of. Best I've seen is the big boulders up at Lake Cushman in the Olympics that get exposed in February when the lake is drawn down to provide power. Storing your boulders under water tends to prevent moss growth.

I grew up and learned to climb in San Diego, and the one thing I miss about the place is the bouldering.

DAVE,

if the weather is nice and i am off of work, then i will go out and play with some friends...there are soo many fun things to do in the world, why would i want to spend all my time climbing....and limit my opportunites and experiences......why pretend to climb???

i do not climb on artifical things...that would be like having sex with a blow up doll.....

[laf][laf]

dude, im dissin the rock cuz itz uglee. [Roll Eyes]

the gym is where i play in the wee hours of the morning before some people even get out of bed, and i get way more of a workout there than that wussy little wall could ever afford me.

when it comes to bouldering i wanna slap my hands on the clean smooth flesh of one big rock stone, crimp my fingers on nature-made edges, and fall onto a bouldering pad surrounded by dirt and lush forests. [big Grin]

"the gym is where i play in the wee hours of the morning before some people even get out of bed, and i get way more of a workout there than that wussy little wall could ever afford me."

Hah! You just don't know how to work it, baby!

I've had some of the best workouts of my life at the glorious UW rock. Plus, the hardest bouldering problems in the state reside there....

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

"hard" is relative. especially in boulder problems. i can work some stuff on the wall; i just don't get a workout from it. a workout, to me, involves sore muscles more than "sore tendons".
[Wink]
anyway, i just prefer to boulder in relative seclusion, surrounded by nature, and on
REAL
boulders.

I agree, me too. But I do get killer workouts there, mainly power-endurance laps on the over-hangs. If ya do it right, great for hard bouldering and, heaven forbid, hard redpoints!

You guys (and girls) are making this way too hard for yourselves. There was a thread not too long ago about some problems at Exit 38. Try Index, try the boulder garden at Mount Erie, heck make the drive up to Bellingham for Chuckanut, hit Squires Lake jst north of Alger.

All you have to do is find a friggin rock and use your imagination. Yes, it might be dirty, it might have moss and lichens and ferns and spiders [Eek!] , but just bring a brush. Otherwise, just wait for the Cordless bouldering guide for the Seattle area. [hell no]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Plenty of bouldering around Leavenworth, isn't there?

yeah; now that i look at the climbing guide there does appear to be quite a few of them. somehow, though, i'd rather drive to squish. if you add the drive and hike times together i bet they're pretty comparable. well, at least using my drive and hike times! [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

Plenty of bouldering around Leavenworth, isn't there?

yeah; now that i look at the climbing guide there does appear to be quite a few of them. somehow, though, i'd rather drive to squish. if you add the drive and hike times together i bet they're pretty comparable. well, at least using
my
drive and hike times!
[Wink]
hardly....squish may be cool...but lworth is way cooler...............

and hiking aint shit....its those checks at the border that present the real obstacle

Sure is! Check out Damian Potts' [Wazzup] "Leavenworth Bouldering: A Perfunctory Guide" and don't miss the 'about the author' blub. Hilarious! And, all the bouldering around Leavenworth is not up the 'pop'cicle, there's some up the Mountain Home Road too. I've seen some large rocks with potential on the north side of Granite Mtn. as well. And nothing is "uglee" when set beside the concrete monolith of Huskie stadium (a quality multipitch buildering route...) Da Rock is jizmastic! I've been climbin' on that thing since I was twoo, firing up the slab in diapers! So, next time you think about dissin da Rock, think twice! [MR T] Because it was the first outdoor climbing wall ever built!

quote:

Originally posted by ILuvAliens:

quote:

Your dissin' the rock cuz your not good enough. The UW rock is where I lerned to climb. What the fuck else you gona do after work on a nice day?, go inside to the gym and pay?

I'd rather smoke a U-DUB sack and wander the woods in search of better bouldering.

yep!