Portland's pain in the ass

Camilo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran 4 miles of hills on my lunch break. I invited my new boss along. He said he runs three miles every day. I asked him at what pace he runs, and he said "8 minutes per mile". "Oh, good, that's just perfect", I said. Only problem was he never runs hills. He pooped out on the first hill. Hee hee.

I think it's kind of funny that GW comes here and ties up traffic for a tickets only event. Call me a commie bastard, but that's more annoying than Kerry causing traffic for a concert and rally that's free for everyone, even though I'm not a big fan of Bon Jovi.

I think it's kind of funny that GW comes here and ties up traffic for a tickets only event. Call me a commie bastard, but that's more annoying than Kerry causing traffic for a concert and rally that's free for everyone, even though I'm not a big fan of Bon Jovi.

Can you imagine what it'd be like if Bush tried to have a rally open to everyone in Portland? This is what it would look like --

bush%20protest.jpg

280219.jpg

bush%20protest2.jpg

Oh, he's well liked here.

Al Gore did the same thing in Seattle a couple years ago. It a Secret Service thing.

It's perfectly possible to have an event open to the public, Gore did one (as did Hillary) at my University.

I don't think W will in the city his Dad called "little Beirut"

Hey, what ever happened to Oregon Senate Bill 742, the one that identifies a terrorist as a person who "plans or participates in an act that is intended, by at least one of its participants, to disrupt" business, transportation, schools, government, or free assembly?

The bill contains automatic sentences of 25 years to life for the crime of terrorism.

Critics of the bill say its language is so vague it erodes basic freedoms in the name of fighting terrorism under an extremely broad definition.

"Under the original version (terrorism) meant essentially a food fight," said Andrea Meyer of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which opposes the bill.

Update: Senate Bill 742 in the state senate would enact new guidelines and strict punishments for acts of terrorism in Oregon

Could be used to curtail peaceful protests infiltrated by agents provocateurs.

Neither of those persons are/were the president at the time. Sorry, but the Secret Service has their own protocols and reports to the Department of the Treasury.

Why'd you say

Al Gore did the same thing in Seattle a couple years ago. It a Secret Service thing.

Then?

I know perfectly well how the government is organized. I've known people who were on the Presidential Detail

Bush appeared at the dedication of the WWII Memorial - a public appearance. He has appeared at other public gatherings.

I just think it's weird that he's in Portland instead of, say, Prineville or Klamath Falls to remind everyone that as long as there are trees left standing, there is fire danger. At least he has more supporters down there. But then again, considering the few fires we've had this summer, it's a good thing that he hasn't headed down there just in time for a couple of questionable fires to start for his backdrop.

The campaigns are here, and Bush's stupid convoy didn't let me go out to lunch today (closed the only outlet from the business park). They didn't even announce that they were going to shut down the damn road for hours! I bet the people downtown are pissed too. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifNews article

you think you had problems the shrub arrived in seattle during rush hour...

brilliant planning there i say...

what fukin genius administration rolleyes.gif

They closed the Burke-Gilman trail in Redmond I discovered as I biked home from work Friday. I started to chew out the pimple faced Redmond Explorer, telling him it was "fucked" and "bullshit," then I realized that I was just being a dick to the poor kid, so I backed off. I did ask him directions to get back to an open part of the B-G trail so I wouldn't have to bike across the 520 bridge, and this Explorer had no clue. I'll bet he has the video game badge though.

Anyway, what the fuck, does the SS think that some radical Islamic bicyclist is going to pack his bike frame with C-4 and attempt to blow up the president in Redmond, WA? Can't they just secure the perimeter of whatever building he was speaking in and leave it at that? What a fucking useless pain in the ass.

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y

I was in Phoenix last week when Bush was there. They shut down the Scottsdale airport for almost 24 hours. I was told by a local that the Scottsdale airport is mostly used for private jets. So I guess the people who were most inconvenienced down there were those who going to vote for the motherfucker!

A small bit of poetic justice, but a gratifying one.

Huh?

I ran 4 miles of hills on my lunch break. I invited my new boss along. He said he runs three miles every day. I asked him at what pace he runs, and he said "8 minutes per mile". "Oh, good, that's just perfect", I said. Only problem was he never runs hills. He pooped out on the first hill. Hee hee.

Reminds me of a cute little song from everyone's favorite musical, "Annie Get Your Gun". rolleyes.gif

"Anything you can do,

I can do better.

I can do anything

Better than you.

No, you can't.

Yes, I can. No, you can't.

Yes, I can. No, you can't.

Yes, I can,

Yes, I can!

Anything you can be

I can be greater.

Sooner or later,

I'm greater than you.

No, you're not. Yes, I am.

No, you're not. Yes, I am.

No, you're NOT!. Yes, I am.

Yes, I am!

I can shoot a partridge

With a single cartridge.

I can get a sparrow

With a bow and arrow.

I can live on bread and cheese.

And only on that?

Yes.

So can a rat!

I can drink my liquor

Faster than a flicker.

I can drink it quicker

And get even sicker!

I can jump a hurdle.

I can wear a girdle.

I can knit a sweater.

I can fill it better!

No, you can't. (Softly)

Yes, I can. (Softer) No, you can't. (Softer)

Yes, I can. (Softer) No, you can't. (Softer)

Yes, I can. (Softer)

YES, I CAN! (Full volume)

New Boss: I can run 3 miles,during my lunch,

Catbird: I can run 4 miles, up hill a whole bunch,

New Boss: I pooped out up my first big hill,

Catbird: And I a laughed at you cuz you had your fill."

etc.

how do you get a ticket to bush's deal? do i have to hate brown non-christains? snort coke? what?

also bon jovi? i knew oregon was stuck in like 1989, but this is a new low. kerry is hurting himelf here.

tho i am still waiting for kerry to come windsurfing in the gorge before the end of july.

i was in ketchum the last few days and jerry was everywhere, very easy for the people to get to and talk with. i was impressed with that alteast.

how come we cant get close to bush? i know he is god like on the short bus, but i never rode the bus.......