any more lines????

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the russell and flett glaciers on the mowich lake side of rainier have been good the past few weekends. some smallish cracks opening up on the russell and they're hard to spot until you're flying right over them on your boards so bringing a rope might not be a bad idea. staying just on the flett glacier, no cracks as of last weekend.

The best skiing this time of year, until the snow starts coming, and then even for a while after that, is on and around Mt Baker. (Where you at markharf?)

For late season turns the Sholes Glacier, just past Coleman Pinnacle, is almost sure to satisfy; it's an easy day trip from Artist Point. If you want more the Park Glacier keeps very good corn in sections through August and possibly September.

The Sulphide Glacier on Mt Shuksan tends to stay in good condition, too.

(Where you at markharf?)

I mainly just lurk here, mostly because I'm not very good at posting blasphemy, vulgarity, obscenity or heinous insults. Working on it, though.

As Sky and Pete indicate, there's plenty of good skiing. I missed last weekend, but I hear tell of tiny suncups and good corn in various north and east exposures at Baker. All of the above suggestions sound good, and none are all that far from their respective trailheads. I'd add Heliotrope and the Paradise Glacier to the list, although I haven't skied on either in a while, plus a few oddities like Hadley Peak.

The most comprehensive and up-to-date local information is at Turns-All-Year.com.

Hope that helps.

Mark

if you're in portland and need a skiing fix, just head up to Timberline and get in some laps on the Palmer snowfield... the lifties on the Palmer usually don't check for lift tickets... just skin up in the morning and then try to hop on the lift for a few yoyo's.

Summer, overrated? Na, it's winter that's overrated. Powder's boring compared to corn. Ya, call me pshyco, but I actually like summer skiing more than winter!!! All you need is a snow patch a day to keep the winter time blues away. cool.gif

psycho. grin.gif

There's nothing better than doing line after line off the Shuksan Arm in waist deep powder.

fruit.giffruit.gif

Summer, overrated? Na, it's winter that's overrated. Powder's boring compared to corn. Ya, call me pshyco, but I actually like summer skiing more than winter!!! All you need is a snow patch a day to keep the winter time blues away. cool.gif

You better watch what you say buddy, you are treading awful close to the bannination line for spouting blasphemy like that in the *freshiezone*. blush.gif

wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Just kidding. (I think smirk.gif )

• 2 weeks later...