Lance into Second Place!!!

Greg_W

Stage 12 just ended, with Lance finishing second to some nobody (Carlo Basso?) almost 4 minutes ahead of Thomas Voeckler!!! Voeckler predicted he would not fair well in the mountains and his prediction was realized. Lance mounted an attack with only 3km to go and did well.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basso actually scares me, as does anyone that can climb and is very close to lance in the GC. lance will normally smoke him in a TT, but i believe the TT is uphill this year. on another note - i'm very dissapointed in lemonds comments to the french press about lance and performance enhancing drugs. you expect these things from the french press, but from greg? it ain't gonna help him sell any of his bikes. why would he even go there? is he really that bitter about lance being the new greatest US cyclist ever?

Putting it in perspective, I see your point about Basso.

LeMond is a wanker for saying that shit. It's like he's bitter because Lance has eclipsed his American achievements in the Tour. He's like the Jon Krakauer of cycling.

I never imagined I would be getting my cycling news from GregW. Greg you didn't happen to notice that they were wearing spandex and shaving their legs did you? You know what happens when you watch a pussy sport right? That feeling you have in your groin right now, it's you testicals finding their way to your abdomen to begin the transformation to ovaries.

LeMond has had a beef with Lance for a long time and it's not entirely clear why. I guess he doesn't think it was possible for someone to come back from cancer that almost killed him to win the tour, even though Greg came back from a near fatal hunting accident to win the tour.

Man I'm getting pretty sick of the commentators always going on and on about Lance Armstrong. I love to hear about it when he's actually out in front, but all this "bla bla bla all according to plan bla bla" sure is getting annoying. Especially when there's actually a race happening up front. I thought commentating is all about the drama? Stop calling the race!

The race is happening in those team cars, piped to the boys through those little ear thingies.... They are just turning the pedals... It's like a rolling game of chess.... wink.gif I think the race announcers are just trying to let us in on the game smile.gif

(I'm kidding)

gotta disagree---she's not hot IMO. Looks fake.

I like to watch Lance race, but can't give him much credit for dumping his wife. She was raising their twins, cheering for him, etc. Guess since I wasn't there, I don;t know what the deal was, but on the surface it looks like she got the shaft.