Can anyone recommend a 20+ pitch rock climb in WA

pnut

I am looking for a quality long alpine rock route in Washington in the 5.8 to 5.10d range, other than N ridge of Stuart or Infinite Bliss on Mt Garfield. I am trying to think of a new goal for a long car-to-car climb. I don't care if the approach is long, but would prefer it not involve excessive unpleasant bushwacking or choss. (I know, I'm picky)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear Mountain has a climb on it listed in the Nelson Select that looks cool. Little under 20 pitches though.

What about those clip up climbs in the Mazama area? Baring NF(?) looks like it would be quite long, I don't know about rock quality, wild roof traverse though up high.

NE butt of slesse is 30 pitches but only 16 of those pitches are 5th class and only about 12 commonly roped up for.

on the other hand on the east face of slesse the nav wall, real mcKim and east buttress direct are all 5.10+ and about 15 to 20 pitches long.

Have you looked at the West face of Dragontail? Start at the very bottom of the point of rock by Colchuck and pick a route. Definately include the Fin. Mix and match the pitches from different routes. Or do one of the cracks going up Asgar.