warning.... public service announcement

icegirl

I rarely post about work, but today I saw something that I must pass on, if not for the painful humor, then as a Public Service Announcement.

Being that I work in the operating room, at our local trauma hospital (and having done so for 5 or so years now) I feel like I've seen quite a bit (not all, mind you, but, well... a lot)

I've seen penises injected wtih crystal meth, I've seen penises that "god told them to cut off" Some Amputated, some not fully detached, I've seen penises nearly ripped off by motercycle crashes, but todays case took the cake.

I saw a genitalia peircing injury for the first time. Basically it was a run in between an intact foreskin, and a labial peircing. The chick must have gotten her order mixed up, cause from the look of the poor guy, she must have had on a "freddy kruger nipple shield" a la Janet Jackson, (hmm. maybe a clitoral shield?) long story short, it cut the dickens out of the poor guy, so bad that the poor foreskin was not salvageable, and had to be removed. Circumcision time... Try explaining that one...

Morals of story, watch out for genital jewerly, and if you like that kind of stuff, For the sake of your manhood and the Poor ER doc your predicament would drag out of bed, let's hope your parents had you circumcised as a baby...

Hope this makes your day seem better...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in for a table saw injury at Swedish a few years back, and ran into this guy (who has to have the worst luck ever):

He was a superintendent on a huge building project in Seattle, and his pager battery ran out.

He happened to be on the platform above a huge demolition dumpster, one of the huge ones 20' X 50'.

So he takes the AAA batery out of his pager and chucks it into the dumpster.

The TRIPLE A battery impales on something and shoots battery acid right back into his eye!

This guy is screaming in serious pain when I get there, he told me the story later in recovery.

Note: Shoving a needle into a freshly tablesawed thumb to anesthize is BIG PAIN!! pitty.gif

I saw a genitalia peircing injury for the first time. Basically it was a run in between an intact foreskin, and a labial peircing. The chick must have gotten her order mixed up, cause from the look of the poor guy, she must have had on a "freddy kruger nipple shield" a la Janet Jackson, (hmm. maybe a clitoral shield?) long story short, it cut the dickens out of the poor guy, so bad that the poor foreskin was not salvageable, and had to be removed. Circumcision time... Try explaining that one...

umm hey IG did the pierced chick actually put in an appearance or was the story of the labial piercing just what the injured guy reported???? you might want to call in the investigative reporters on this one. more likely he decided to see what the suction on his pool vent felt like or some other, way way more embarassing situation - and the "There was this chick...and her labial piercing did this to me" story is just so much cover up.

This one is very confusing. Couldn't the dude feel that he was getting all cut up? what happened to the chica? To me it seems more likely that he was doing some scarification rather than getting cut up by a girls hardware. The reason why I say this is because you probably would have seen her in there as well.

Oh Dru an Ampalang would be much worse than a Prince Albert. With a Prince Albert he may just tear a larger piss slit opening where as with an Ampalang he could have torn he head off.

Edited by ken4ord