Mud Cove Bouldering Beta

layton

If you make a rt onto Fairhave st off Chuckanut drive (there's an art gallery/espresso joint there) and follow it to Mud Cove during low tide, you will be rewarded with a crapload of bouldering. Down low are shorter probs, up high are much longer walls. the rock isn't as good as Clayton, which isn't saying much.

Happy hunting.

p.s also some gear and aid routes available.

I have to F.A. on everything so don't get too excited.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That typo on the last sentance was better than my original intention. It's climbed out and i named ever route after myself. i don't care if people have been climbing there for a long time since I traveled back in time to steal the precious ascents.

Actually, i just wanted to let folks know there was some stuff there cuz not many people know about it. It gets the Bellingham one star.

you might check out the area north of mud cove. take the right turn prior to the park just south of fairhaven (name? the one with the rose garden next to the road). there used to be some public access to the shoreline along to the southwest but this could easily have changed. good bouldering above a narrow bench that drops straight to the water. don't bother bringing your humping pad.

yup, what year were you bham rat?

and there was no rock climbers before you climbing the choss heaps on chuckanut drive, right?!? cantfocus.gifrolleyes.gif

overheard on a boulder somewhere..........

name the variation to the elimination bro bra, blah fuking blah. please pass the pad i think i am going to fall off this mantle after that last bong tokee. yo!!!!!!!

tongue.gif

It's all about boulder problems with water landings at high tide. thumbs_up.gif There are a couple easy ones at Clayton and that spot down the way on Post Point.

You also send those better after a couple of beers. Or rather, your FA is not legit unless your hands and feet are soaking wet AND you already had a couple beers. In fact, Bellingham Beer Bouldering ratings go B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B2, B17, B-uh... in that order, indicating how many beers it takes before you can't send the problem. Also, the beers help you find boulder problems that weren't there before you partook of said beers. Bring your dog so he can fish you out on those hard B12's.

I remember free-soloing the Diamond on Bear Mtn after skyboarding with the guatamalean geko farmers and being like, whoa, didn't you just take a bunch of peyote buttons? could this all be in your head?

P.S. thanks for the awesome party Darin and folks. good burgers, beer, and slideshows despite polish bob's best efforts.

I remember free-soloing the Diamond on Bear Mtn after skyboarding with the guatamalean geko farmers and being like, whoa, didn't you just take a bunch of peyote buttons? could this all be in your head?

P.S. thanks for the awesome party Darin and folks. good burgers, beer, and slideshows despite polish bob's best efforts.

Bob was choking Layton from 5 feet away!

3050P1010145-med.JPG

Dru and Jordan were in charge of the Canadian Section, and since they are both flaming gay, it should be clear why you did not get the invite. Wish you were there, but concider it a blessing in disguise. Polish bob was foaming at the mouth (and not from the rabies either if you get my drift HCL.gif)