McCain

gotterdamerung

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him. McCain rules. Rumsfield should be canned. I have to disagree with you about Colin tho. I really respected the guy until I've seen him get walked all over by Bush and Cheney for the past 3 years. He's principled but I think he needs to stand up and say what we all know he thinks; that this administration sucks. It's obviously the reason he has quietly told them he won't be returning for another flogging.

McCain does seem less restrained (than most politicians) by partisanship. And Powell likes to restore old Volvos in his garage ...so he can't be all bad.

Is Dumsfeld too arrogant for the job of Sect'y Defense? Of course he is. Does Bush prove that he swims in the intellectual shallow end every time he opens his mouth? Of course he does.

Is slamming Rumsfeld on CNN. McCain is a good man. I would vote for him and Colin Powell if they ran together.

thumbs_up.gif so would I, come to think of it!

Colin Powell needs to loose those fools he's working for, in general.

McCain is anti-right to choose on the abortion issue. thumbs_down.gif

I didn't know that. Never bothered to investigate since I never had a choice to vote for him. But, I vote pro-choice, so there goes that idea.

Good to know.

- a s s m * n k e y

McCain is anti-right to choose on the abortion issue. thumbs_down.gif

Unfortunately McCain is a bit confused on social issues...as are the vast majority of the marginally educated super right-wingers, and I agree this is a problem. But he's still the best Republican out there. And I'd take him over our current dictator in a second.

Jason

Good for him. McCain rules. Rumsfield should be canned. I have to disagree with you about Colin tho. I really respected the guy until I've seen him get walked all over by Bush and Cheney for the past 3 years. He's principled but I think he needs to stand up and say what we all know he thinks; that this administration sucks. It's obviously the reason he has quietly told them he won't be returning for another flogging.

I disagree about Powell. I think he has "taken one for his country" so to speak in an effort to be a voice of reason in this fucked up White House...but he's found out that The Jackass doesn't listen to anyone with a brain. He's shown a great deal of professionalism by not trashing Jackass publicly even though he'd love too, I'm sure. The guy is a pro and a soldier trying to do his best for the country with an idiot for a boss/commander.

I agree on the McCain/Powell idea. It would be a welcome relief to have two intelligent,principled people in charge of the country.

Can you imagine what it would be like to have a President once again that could complete a sentence w/o sounding like a fucking moron?

Good for him. McCain rules. Rumsfield should be canned.

Oh, come on Josh, how can you not know the guy's name? sure he's an idiot, but it's not RumsfIeld! Rumsfeld, like Seinfeld... both are always in over their heads getting themselves and those around them into big trouble. yelrotflmao.gif

I think that Powell's silence has spoken volumes. He is the one reason I was glad the Republicans had regained control. I feel alot of disdain for Bush due to the way he marginalized a man he isn't fit to be in the same room with. I think this country is just way overdue for good sound leadership. We have been forced into extremes on both sides over the past few presidencies. A alot of people hated Clinton and a lot of people hate Bush. Circumstances played into electing both parties and their agendas during their tenures. I for one would vote for a black man, or a yellow man, or a red man if they had the right heart and soul to back it. Lazy arrogant white people or black people that can't see past the color of a mans skin and see what's underneath are an anachronism best left where they belong. In the past and forgotten.

I do get pretty weary of arguing with other people about the ins and outs of political posturing and scandals. It sure would be nice to have a vast majority of Americans in agreement, feeling safe in their homes, safe in travelling overseas, and getting past the troubles that currently encircle us on every side. The whole fabric of our society is being torn in two right now and I would not like to live through another time like the Vietnam era. Sound leadership with a majority of Americans in agreement is the only way we are going to get past this shit we are in right now.

I disagree about Powell. I think he has "taken one for his country" so to speak in an effort to be a voice of reason in this fucked up White House...

"Voice of reason"?

Good lord, man. Powell is no more a voice of reason than Bush himself.

Anyone who would allow himself to descend to the levels of lies, deceit, and misrepresentation as has Powell is no more worthy than the man he does it for.

His complicity simply shows him to be what he has been all along: a yes-man for the system, with a thin veneer of respectability (which has obviously worked perfectly, since so many have fallen for it, and continue to do so).

Powell is a liar, same as the administration he works for.